CHAPTER SEVEN

It was the weekend, finally, you could get some rest after days of being mentally and physically exhausted from school.

You didn't do anything for the rest of the morning, even your mother was mad for you being so lazy.

"Get your lazy ass up!"

The blanket that was covering you was suddenly pulled by a strong force from your mother.

Seeing you didn't budged even a bit, she then grabbed your leg and dragged you out from bed making you scream in horror.

"Wait wait I'll get up!"

You were forced to sit up on your bed and groaned in annoyance while your mother stared at you with her hands on her hips.

"Go rent me a new dress. I have a party to host tonight."

She handed you a stack of dollars, seriously? You were struggling to keep the bills paid while she's renting dresses for her job as a hostess like it was nothing.

"Why? Did your dress that you previously rented didn't fit you anymore?"

"Shut up! The previous dress' rent was already due so I had to return it." Your mother felt annoyed and started to walk out from your room as she gave you the task.

You used your bike and went to the rental place where your mom mostly rents her dress.

As you were about to place the clothing on the basket of your bike, a child suddenly clinged on your leg that made you not peddle on your bike.

You looked around trying to look for this child's parents but they seemed absent.

"Hello?" You didn't know how to take care of a child, but you can't just leave her here.

A sigh escaped from your lips and rested your bike against the wall and crouched down to talk to the child.

"What's your name, sweetie?"

No response, she only looked at you with her pupils going big.

"Mama!" She giggled and pointed at you.

Now you didn't know what to react, you were too young to have child but at least you weren't frightening to make the child compare you to a witch.

"Yes it's mama...now can you tell me where dada is?" You scratched the back of your head, bullets of sweat forming on your forehead.

But the child responded as she shook her head. The little girl wanted to be carried by you which caused you to laugh.

"Okay."

You gently picked up the kid and placed her on the basket as you drove the bike. You two strolled for a while but you were actually going towards the police station.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

"Yenna!"

Eli suddenly went rushing towards the police station. Your ears twitched upon hearing his voice making you turn your head.

The both of you stared at each other feeling shock that the person who actually returned his child was from the same school as him as well.

"You're..."

"She's...my sister. Her name is Yenna." Eli said and Yenna returned to him and hugged his leg just like how she did to you.

"Dada!"

He cleared his throat and looked away from you. He carried Yenna and rested her head on his shoulder.

"You should be very careful, she was wandering all by herself." You told Eli and smiled at Yenna as you waved your hand to the both of them.

"Mama!!!" Yenna suddenly bursted out crying when you turned your back facing them and was about to leave them.

"Y-Yenna she's not..." Eli chuckled and looked at you with a worried face, he thought you're feeling uncomfortable by how clingy Yenna is being right now.

"It's fine." You said when suddenly, Eli let go of Yenna and made her stand up on her own as she ran towards you.

Eli was quiet, the sight he was seeing right now reminded him of the old days. He wondered what could've happened if his past lover...

No, he shouldn't think of that right now. Especially not Infront of Yenna and you.

"Thank you." He thanked you and suddenly approached you. Now that his face was close, you could see how good looking he actually is.

"I guess she likes you a lot, she tends to hug the person's leg if she likes them."

You blushed and laughed. You brushed Yenna's hair with your fingers.

"Really? I guess your little sister really likes me."

"She's actually not my sister..." Eli whispered and let out a heavy sigh.

"She's my daughter."

Silence filled the whole room, who could've thought the angel from the beauty department actually has a daughter.

"Do people know about this?" You didn't seem to mind about the fact Eli was a young parent, surely there was a reason why.

"No, only a few." He revealed and Yenna noticed his dad's sad expression and quickly let go of you to hug him tight.

"But why did you told me?" You questioned him and Eli thought for an answer.

"Because...I trust you. You don't seem to be a bad person. We've talked a lot in school so I guess that's why I felt comfortable revealing this to you."

Both of you exchanged smiles, you nodded in reply and promised Eli that you'll keep it as a secret.

"I hope you don't mind."

You quickly shook your head, "I don't, I seriously don't! If you need someone to look after Yenna you can contact me."

You were aware that Eli worked as a hairdresser and is busy at school, so you knew Yenna needed someone to look after her. But you can only do it in weekends since you also go to school.

"Thank you for trusting me to this, Eli."

The three of you chatted and time seemed to pass in lightning speed. Your phone suddenly started to vibrate from your pocket and saw that it was your mom calling.

"I have to go now, bye bye!"

You panicked and Eli happened to notice it. He wondered who was calling you to make you panic when you're known for being calm and collected all the time.

Hoping your mom won't kill you for going home late, especially that she needed to wear the dress you rented, you went back home using your bike in a rush.