CHAPTER FOUR

With bags in tow, you stepped onto the bus on the day of the eagerly awaited school retreat.

Anticipation filled the air as students chatted excitedly, their laughter echoing in the bus.

"You dumbasses, we didn't saved a seat for our vice-president!"

Zoe exclaimed and saw you from her seat as you looked for a vacant space.

"Well we forgot because you insisted in saving a seat for Daniel." Zack scoffed, rolling his eyes while he let out a huff.

"We're so sorry, F/N." Zoe along with Doo and others apologized mentally as their face was filled with regret.

You sat down by the window behind from Jay and the teacher's seat. As you grabbed your phone to ease your boredom, someone suddenly asked you.

"Can I sit here?"

"Huh? Daniel, you don't want to sit here?" Yui felt upset but at the same time, she was glad because she could now sit beside Zack. But Zack immediately invited Mira to sit beside him.

You turned your head and nodded at Daniel. He sat down beside you feeling nervous and blushed faintly.

It was kinda awkward since you and Daniel weren't that close, but he only admired you from afar seeing you being independent to others.

"Thank you."

He mumbled but it managed to reach you causing you to shift your eyes from the window to him. Now that you were looking at him, his heartbeat raised.

"For what?" You asked as you were confused why he suddenly thanked you.

"The auction..." That's what all he said before he looked down on his lap.

As yes, the auction when you bid Jay's money tying to save Daniel for the blonde. You suddenly felt a lump on your throat and cheeks go warm.

"You tried to save me but don't worry, they didn't do anything bad—"

"Don't thank me, thank Jay." You cut him off and the other male went silent with his eyes go wide slight.

He recalled that Jay was behind you during the auction and he could never think about him doing that.

While you were aware that the said blonde was just Infront of yours and Daniel's seat, he probably heard what you just told Daniel.

The face you happened to not see was Jay blushing under his covered face. The teacher beside him wondered what made the male blush all of the sudden.

"..."

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

A thunderous jab was unleashed by Zack that let out a loud slam. The force of his blow broke the current record.

You stood beside Mira as you two watched him. Doo and the fellows gasped in amusement.

"How's that, Mira, F/N?"

Zack smirked but slowly faded when his record got immediately broken by Vinjin who laughed and felt full of himself.

The boxer curled his fingers into a tight grip, the knuckles turning white under the strain. His eye narrowed towards Vinjin fueled by humiliation.

You had a blank stare seeing the two argue after Zack and Vinjin started to exchange hurtful words to each other when Zack decided to destroy Vinjin's record at the hammer game.

"Is this the punch?"

Vasco walked towards where the commotion was, Daniel was behind following closely.

"Daniel, let's do this." Daniel flinched as Vasco called for him. He saw Vasco going towards the hammer game which meant he's on the boxing arcade machine.

Locking eyes with Vasco, you shared a prolonged gaze. A blush adorned his cheeks briefly before he redirected his attention to the hammer game, determined to break the record and catch your attention.

"V-Vasco...broke the hammer game!"
"Daniel ripped the punching bag!"

A wave of cheers swept through the crowd. Daniel felt scared that he accidentally broke the punching bag while Vasco's punch couldn't even be read how powerful it was as the machine broke.

His face transformed from joy to sorrow when he noticed you departing with Mira.

"Vasco?"

A lone tear betrayed his disappointment as he let the hammer fall from his grasp. Daniel blinked and couldn't believe Vasco was tearing up.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

The instructors were waiting for the students' arrival at the retreat center.

"Everyone line up!"

You stretched your arms in the air and heard Heemin called for everyone's attention.

You heard everyone's whisper complimenting Heemin while insulting Wonbin making the male insecure even more.

Positioned in front of Zoe, bags were being inspected by the instructors. Heemin's gaze held something suspicious as he looked down at you, and Wonbin, catching on, scoffed.

Mira, observing Heemin, seemed taken aback as a faint blush formed on her face. In response to Heemin's unsettling stare, you glared and promptly pulled Mira away.

As night fell, you were on your way to your room when a tap on your shoulder interrupted your path.

"Hey," blushed Zack, nervously scratching the back of his head.

Daniel waved a greeting, and you returned the wave greeting them both.

"Want to join us? We're heading to Mira's room." Zack suggested, his hand still occupied with rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sure."

The two males smiled hearing your reply at them before the three of you went to Mira's room as promised.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

"You're not gonna drink Mira?" You asked her and she shook her head.

"I can't drink." Mira sweat dropped from her forehead.

"Don't worry, Zack and Daniel are lightweights." Zoe chuckled as she looked back on their previous hang out.

You hummed upon hearing Zoe's statement and looked at the males seeing Jiho was invited by Daniel but looked anxious.

"How about you F/N?"

Zack asked you and felt their eyes gazing at you waiting for you to respond.

"I'm gonna drink a few." You told them and noticed their eyebrows raised up a bit.

"Is something wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong...I just can't believe that the vice-president who's strict actually drinks alcohol." A laugh escaped from Yui's lips as she seemed amused by her own response.

"Well, my mom already allows me to drink."

You casually mentioned, catching everyone off guard with this unexpected revelation.

Your mother has been letting you drink, training you to be strong in alcohol so that no one could ever take advantage of you and won't get drunk easily.

"Damn, I wish my mom would too," Zack remarked, crossing his arms.

His gaze lingered on you, an unusual focus that even he couldn't lay a finger to, especially when he should have been paying attention to Mira.

"Daniel~ let's play truth or dare!" Yui suggested and eventually everyone agreed to be entertained.

Jiho was already chugging the alcohol trying to look tough as you let out a puff of air in disappointment.