2 W h e r e i t a l l B e g a n

Seraphina rushed home. She couldn't wait to read the next page in the diary. She wanted to know what her ancestor was like.

After she had gotten changed, she sat on her study chair, wheeled around a bit and then placed the diary gently onto her study desk. She got comfortable in her seat and opened to the third page of the book.

Pg.3

Dear Diary,

I am scared.

Really scared.

I can still hear the screams and the constant shattering of glass. My hands are trembling with every stroke as my tears stain the ink of my writing.

I told you.

My life is too burdensome.

The last of my candles is nearing its end. It flickers and dances in front of my eyes, the wax melting as though it knew the gravity of my situation.

My mother's screaming and my father's just standing there like he's a freaking coward. Did my grandmother give birth to a log or what?

Usually, no, stereotypically, it's the father who's abusive but over here it is quite frankly the opposite.

They, more like my mother, always fight over the most stupidest of things and then my father's gets the punishment - which ranges from beatings, to starving him for a few days and to being locked in our cellar below us - because apparently he started it but I know oh so well that it was none other than my mother to blame.

If my mother hadn't tried to sell me off to become a slave of the heir to a rich mafia or gang, my father wouldn't have spoken up in the first place.

After my mother's done with beating up my father, my mother always comes to me to take out her anger.

I don't have long before I'm drowning in my own pool of blood.

"Seraphina! Come downstairs! Dinner's ready!"

"Coming Mama!"

"Let me..just finish this page," mumbled Seraphina.

I can hear her. I can hear her footsteps thudding loudly on the wooden tiles, creaking with every step as my father pleads and begs her to not do anything to me, to leave me out of this mess.

But it's of no use, I know what's coming to me.

Don't worry I won't die, I'll just have few more scars and bruises and maybe even some wounds added to my wonderful collection.

I'll write to you tomorrow, I hope.

"Seraphina!"

"Coming, coming," repeated Seraphina, as she closed the book with a thud and went downstairs for dinner.