The Pendant of Beginning

Note: Underline Italic is Vexa talking through an earpiece.

I don't own Pokémon Horizons: The Series. It belongs to The Pokémon Company. I only own Vexa.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From the battle deck, Vexa saw Friede and his Charizard return with Liko.

Vexa smiled and started waving her hands rapidly. "Friede! Over here!"

"Rotom!" her partner, Rotom, yelled as it zipped around her head in excitement.

"Vexa! Watch out!" Friede cried to Vexa as she rolled out of the way for Charizard to land.

"Touchdown." Friede said as he got off Charizard.

"Welcome back," Vexa said as she rolled while Rotom buzzed beside her.

"Hey. I'm Vexa. Nice to meet you." Vexa said as she held out her hand for Liko to shake.

Liko said nervously, "Uh... nice to meet you."

Sprigatito got out of Liko's arms and went to play with Rockruff.

"Welcome back," Molly said as she walked towards them alongside Murdock and his Rockruff.

"You gave us quite a hassle," Murdock said to Friede as they fist bumped and did their handshake.

"Y-Yes. But... Why do you know my name?" Liko stuttered out.

"Or rather, who are all of you?" Liko then asked.

Vexa looked over at Friede with a disapproving look. "Friede..." she started.

"Yes," Friede asked, scared.

"Did you not tell her anything?" Vexa whispered softly before shouting loudly.

"Kinda," Friede said, looking down at the ground.

Vexa took a deep breath and calmed down a little bit before approaching Liko. Soon, a Pawmi and Fuecoco came running in.

"A Fuecoco! And a Pawmi!" Liko said in awe before crouching down at their level to watch them.

Liko asked, "Why are there Pokémon from Paldea here?"

"Oh, these guys. They settled in here during our journey. And it's not just Pokémon from Paldea. Look." Murdock said to Liko as he pointed towards a Snorunt, Noctowl, and Shuckle.

"I never did introduce myself. I'm Molly." Molly said.

"I'm Murdock. And this is my partner, Rockruff," Murdock said, pointing towards Rockruff.

Sprigatito caught Rockruff's tail and began playing with it.

"Huh? Sprigatito's made friends with it..." Liko said as Fuecoco, Pawmi, and Rotom joined in the fun.

"That's my partner, Rotom," Vexa said, pointing to the Electric and Ghost-type.

"Excuse me," Liko said, turning to the others.

"What's up, Liko?" Vexa asked.

Before Liko could ask her question, Friede's Rotom phone rang, alerting them that they had been found.

"We've been found," Vexa said worriedly. Friede nodded.

"I'm going to the wheelhouse." Friede said as he walked away. "We're setting sail."

"Right," said Vexa nodding.

"Rotom, let's go," Vexa called her partner. Rotom floated towards her in a hurry.

All Vexa could hear was Freide telling Noctowl to keep a lookout.

Vexa quickly got on her laptop as Rotom zipped in to help its trainer with the shields around the ship.

"Vexa! How's it going? Have the shields been activated yet?" Vexa heard Friede say from her Rotom phone.

"We're all good to go!" Vexa said as she watched from the security cameras. She saw two Skarmory and a Corviknight with three people on each of their backs.

"Those guys...! They're the Explorers!" Vexa heard Molly say through her Rotom phone.

"Wait... The Explorers?" Murdock chimed in.

"Isn't that the group who's after Liko's pendant?" Vexa asked.

"You're right, babe," Vexa heard Friede say.

"I told you never to call me that when the others are around!" Vexa yelled at Friede through her Rotom phone.

"Sorry, beautiful," Friede chuckled.

"Stop it!" Vexa said, blushing.

Vexa saw the ship heading towards the ship.

"Why are we headed towards the storm?!" Vexa thought. "What are you thinking, Friede?"

Suddenly, the ship sped toward the storm as it took a sharp right turn. The lights in Vexa's room flickered, and soon the shields went down.

Vexa shouted into her phone, "The shields are down!"

The ship sailed closer and closer towards the storm, losing sight of the Explorers.

Vexa and Rotom worked to try and get the shields back up but nothing. The storm was jamming their signal.

"Friede! The Explorers have reached the Wing Deck!"

"What?! Can you retract the Wing Deck, Vexa?" she heard Friede ask her.

"Negative. All systems are down due to the storm. I have no access. Molls, can you try?" Vexa asked Mollie.

Mollie said, "The power's out."

"Hang on. I'm coming to help you. Rotom, let's go." Vexa said to her partner before grabbing five more Pokéballs.

"Let's go, everyone!" Vexa said throwing the five Pokéballs in the air releasing five more Rotom but in different forms.

When Vexa got down there, Friede was already there, battling with Captain Pikachu.

"Rotom, Electric Terrain!" Vexa commanded, setting up an electrical field. Friede looked over and gave her a thumbs up.

"Thunder Punch!" Friede shouted as Captain Pikachu attacked Ceruledge. However, it deflected the move with its swords.

"Next! Double Team!" Captain Pikachu then used Double Team and they all ran towards Ceruledge as it used Psycho Cut defeating all the clones. Pikachu appeared behind Ceruledge and used Thunder Punch again, but Ceruledge used Swords of Regret. Pikachu landed on top of the perch, charging up for another attack.

"Stop! Please stop!" Liko exclaimed walking forward.

Liko said, "I don't want to cause any of you any more trouble."

"What do you mean, Liko?" Vexa asked in confusion as Rotom floated closer.

Liko said, "I don't want anyone else to get hurt."

The Explorer said, "Hear that? Seems like she wants you to back down." 

Liko petted Sprigatito as it struggled out of her grip. Sprigatito started scolding Liko for not giving up without a fight.

"Let's go, Sprigatito. Leafage!" Sprigatito launched leaves at the Explorers blasting them away.

The blast was so powerful that it causing the shield around the Wing Deck to lose its power, allowing Liko and Sprigatito to get caught in the storm. Fortunately, Friede arrived in time to save Liko, but Sprigatito got knocked away and landed on the Explorer's Corviknight.