A Washed-Ashore Treasure

I don't own Pokémon Horizons: The Series. It belongs to The Pokémon Company. I only own Vexa.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Good morning," Liko said to the Raising Volt Tacklers the next morning.

"Good morning, Liko. How did you sleep?" Vexa asked.

"Good." Liko replied.

"Oh, you're up?" Friede asked.

"That's a cute outfit!" Orla commented.

"Um... Well, I couldn't just wear my school uniform forever, so I brought these clothes with me." Liko explained.

"They look good on you." Mollie said.

"You look great!" Vexa smiled.

Friede came over towards Liko and told her that she and Sprigatito are going to be on lookout on the observation deck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Friede? We're losing altitude!" Vexa noticed on her charts as the ship started to sink.

"Yeah, I realize that." Friede pointed out as he tried to regain control.

"Uh... No problem with the engine!" Orla told Friede.

"Not good. If this keeps up..." Friede began.

"I'm setting off for that island! We'll have to make an emergency pit stop!" Vexa shouted, typing on her laptop as she tried to get a read on the situation.

"Rotom! Help Friede hold her steady!" Vexa commanded her partner, who saluted towards Vexa and zipped off to help Friede.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vexa guided the ship towards a rocky area, and Friede launched the anchors that held the ship in place.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The problem areas are...here, here, and here." Orla said, showing them where there were tears in the balloon.

"Those ruptures? It looks like we're leaking gas." Orla explained.

Friede stood up from his seat. "Seriously? We'll be stranded at this rate."

"We need to patch the holes, but we don't have the materials for it." Orla states.

"So we'll have to source them locally..." Friede said, thinking. Suddenly, he remembered something. "Oh, yeah! There's an old guy who looked after me on this island."

"The barrier's down, so be careful on your way out." Orla told Friede and Vexa.

"We will. Come on, Vexa!" Friede said as he pushed Vexa out the door.

Vexa buckled herself into her wheelchair and brought out Fan Rotom for the flight to the island.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Let's go, Charizard!" Friede called as Charizard roared happily to its trainer.

Charizard took to the sky with Friede and Captain Pikachu on its back, while Vexa and her Fan Rotom followed not far behind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friede and Vexa soon landed in the village and spoke with the leader of the village.

"I thought you two came back to investigate, but you just want balloon materials..." The leader sighed before saying, "Sort it out yourself, 'Professor' Friede!"

"O-Oh, okay. Sorry.  And don't call me professor." Friede apologized.

Vexa just sighed and said, "Look, we're sorry for not coming sooner Will you please help us?"

"Nope." The leader crossed his arms.

Suddenly, a villager came running up saying they had trouble and Friede and Vexa went to go investigate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hmm..." Friede said as he knelt down, looking at a stone on the ground.

"This way!"

"Right!" Vexa nodded in agreement and rolled faster to keep up with Friede.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Liko! What are you doing out...?" Friede asked, but noticed that Liko was all tied up.

"Are you kids okay?" Vexa asked.

"Yes, we're fine!" Liko shouted.

"They are pretty agitated." Friede noticed.

"Yeah. What do we do?" Vexa asked.

"Just watch." Friede said before jumping over multiple string shots as the Pokémon tied themselves in knots instead.

"Perfect! Now for the finishing touch." Friede said, giving each Pokémon a Lum Berry to nibble on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friede used Charizard's flame to rescue Liko from the String Shot prison.

"Thank you for all your help, Captain." Liko thanked the Electric Mouse.

"Glad to see you're okay." Friede told the kids.

"Yeah. That was incredible! I've never seen anything like it! I didn't know you could calm a Pokémon down that way!" Roy commented.

"You're not just a trainer, are you? You must be a Pokémon Professor!" Roy asked Friede excitedly.

"Something like that. My name is Friede." Friede introduced himself.

"And I am Vexa." Vexa said.

"I'm Roy!" Roy said.

"Thank you for saving Liko,Sprigatito, and Fuecoco." Friede thanked Roy.

"Thank you for saving me, too..." Roy thanked Friede.

"Well, we should be getting back, Liko." Friede told her.

"Hold on!" The kids yelled in unison.

"What is it?" Vexa asked.

"We need to pick some more berries for them to eat." Liko explained, and Roy nodded in agreement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After that, they all headed back to the ship. Roy then headed back to his house with his grandfather.