14 ♫ How much money are the repairs?

𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 : Rebel Girl by Bikini Kill

"Daniel got first? I'm not surprised. He seems like a smart guy."

You shrug as his name gets called for first place. Even though he kept sleeping during the test, he got first place.

"I hope I did well..."

You check your placement on the piece of paper at the front of the class.

"Daniel at first. Jay at second. The class rep at third. And... I'M AT FOURTH?!"

You stood there shocked as whispers pooled out around you.

"Wow... [NAME] is so smart..."
"Not as smart as Daniel though"
"She's still smart!"

You kept on looking at the paper with a straight face but on the inside, you were celebrating. You knew for a fact you had to tell Mitsuki later. You were already planning the phone call in your head.

LATER AT HOME

"[NAME], I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU."

"I KNOW RIGHT. I'M SO HAPPY ALL THAT STUDYING PAID OFF"

You are now at home on the phone with Mitsuki. Facetiming each other as the sound of laughter fills your room. You felt so happy about the test score, and you had to express it to Mitsuki.

"It's your brother Dawn who helped you right?"

"... Yea... He's the reason I got this far..."

"Well, then you should probably thank him."

"..."

Your jaw drops.

"I thank HIM. No way"

"Come on [NAME]. He made you study for the past few days. You should probably thank him. He's leaving for America today anyways."

"No way."

"[NAME]..."

"You can't convince me."