𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖎𝖎. - 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞

act II. - masquerade

"I've been on a walk through hell,
I don't know who lit the fire
Feeling like an empty shell,
I think that I might be dying"

Reina and Maeve have had their fair share of unexpected ordeals throughout their life, every fortuitous encounter met with indifference, the shift in plans taken in stride. They weren't strangers to change, not at all.

But Alastor, their one true friend, being the other serial killer that snuck around in the shadows of New Orleans, that was truly something that they had never anticipated. But as usual, there was a plan. There was always a plan.

But even with that out of the way, there were new variables in the equation that the twins had never taken into account. Reina's budding feelings were becoming a distraction. A new, hidden enemy resurfacing despite improbable odds was also a deterrent in their overall plans. And of course, old wounds being reopened due to certain circumstances forced upon them.

There was no telling what was to come. How long could the twins, especially Reina, keep hiding behind their masquerade of bitter distancing and distrust before the lies finally caught up to them?

———
|
|
|
|
|
|
V