-ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴꜱ

chapter 4.) concerns

"She...she's married to you!?"

"Is that so hard to believe?"

"Let's be honest, we all find it incredibly hard to believe that anyone would willingly marry you."

—————

Alastor knew that he had just dug himself into a hole that he most certainly could not climb out of. He knew he had been idiotic, beyond foolish, so openly discussing their past in front of a group of demons who knew nothing of them. And now, they all expected an explanation—which he knew was unavoidable, but the fact that he had to reveal such personal information all because he had been an ill-tempered imbecile really irked him.

But he simply couldn't help it, the sheer rage he felt at the mention of his name. That his wife was murdered at his hands—he wish he had come across him during his time down in Hell, so he could show that abhorrent excuse of a man exactly who's wife he had so foolishly murdered.

Business associates, Reina's voice rang in his head suddenly. To them, we are nothing but business associates.

He had absolutely failed to heed her advice.

"Alastor, what the actual fuck was that?"

Vaggie's agitated tone snapped Alastor out of his thoughts, him turning to face the moth-like demon with a smile filled with malicious intent, static practically radiating off him in a warning gesture.

"Why, I have no idea what you're talking ab—"

"—Why don't you just tell them already?" Husk interrupted, seeming to have already reassumed his usual position behind the bar. With a quiet grumble to himself, he reached down under the bar and grabbed the nearest bottle of alcohol he could find. "You've already made it very clear you're shit at keepin' secrets."

"Like you are any better," Alastor snapped in reply, sinister grin wide to the point where even Husk seemed a little wary. "May I remind you of the incident in January of 1933? When you tried to ruin my wedding because you couldn't keep your mouth shut?"

Again, revealing more of his personal life because he couldn't keep his own mouth shut; he didn't even care anymore, he wouldn't stand for hypocrisy from a soul he owned, former friend or not.

"She fuckin' told you about that!?" Husk growled, eyes wide. "And even after what she did, you still went along with—wow. You really are absolutely fuckin' crazy."

"Did you just say wedding!?" Angel's incredulous shriek caused all heads to turn in his direction. "As in, you proposed, someone said yes, and you had a fuckin' ceremony and shit? I knew ya were a bit fucked up, but forcin' a broad into a marriage is a new low, even for—"

Husk barked out a laugh, hollow and bitter as he turned to begin cleaning some empty glasses from the bar. Although despite his attempt at looking disinterested, the cat-like demon was clearly invested in the conversation. "Trust me, spider, that marriage was anythin' but forced. Whatever kinda twisted love that bullshit was. They were a pair of insane fuckin' bastards, the both of them."

"Say that again; I dare you. Speak ill of her again and I will show you exactly why I earned myself a spot down here—"