1. INNOCENT.

Sienna "Si Si" Sage

The hot sun in Atlanta, Georgia reflects on my light Carmel complexion,  as I strut down the sidewalk with my head held high and a bright smile on my face

The hot sun in Atlanta, Georgia reflects on my light Carmel complexion,  as I strut down the sidewalk with my head held high and a bright smile on my face. On my right I had my best friend Ari babbling away, and on my left side was my cousin India who was in her own world.

Just like the rest of the student body we were looking forward to this entire day full of festivities to begin. We didn't have regular classes, instead today was known as "Community Collide day" it's a day where both schools Morehouse  and Spelman come together and we all celebrate our first day back at school all classes from freshman to seniors, we get to see each other dance teams, etc. And later own our fraternities will come together for a big block party. It's a night you dont want to miss.

Since it's my last year I wasn't going to miss this for the world. I made sure to throw on my shortest skirt and my cutest crop top.  Today was going to be just the beginning of my senior year, Ari and India said this was our time to live it up and that's what intended to do. I normally would be covered, but I felt like it was time to show a little more. I've lived my whole life in a shell.  What my parents didnt know, would not hurt them.

" Si Si are you even listening to me?" Ari complains,  hitting my arm.

" Yes, of course", I say looking over at her, smiling.

" India were you listening?" Ari asks, looking over at India who was smiling, looking at her phone.

" No, I'm sorry I was texting", India says smiling as she finishes up her text.

" Let me guess... it's Durk", I say rolling my eyes, shaking my head.

" And it was," she says causing me to huff.

" I thought you said you were done this time?" I ask her, folding my arms.

Durk was her on and off boyfriend for the last 6 years. He was a complete ass hole, a cheater, he was not a good man. I'm not sure what she seen in him because there wasn't anything good coming from him. All they did was break up and make up. After she caught him cheating just two weeks ago, here she is smiling all like nothing has ever happened. I should've known though.  It's like he has some type of hold on her. It's strange.

" I thought I was too. But I guess fate isn't ", she says shrugging, still smiling.