3- Racing Heroes and Unlikely Bonds

3rd POV:

"It's lights out a way we go, in the lead we Max Verstappen." Heard Katrin throw the Red Bull garage, everyone who was in there had their fingers crossed. It looked like a good race, both red bulls were doing good, Max stayed at his position and Tom overtook Carlos, so he was now 3rd.

Great were also doing Mercedes, Lewis was "attacking" Max, not successfully but max had to do a little battle to maintain his position. Paul was also close to overtaking Carlos. Lewis tried to overtake Max, but Maxes defence was too good. For the next 10 laps everything looked good, they were no DNFs, but Ferrari thought other way because suddenly Carlos' car lost power and he had to retire from the race.

It was devastating for Ferrari and their fans. The positions changed, 1st was Max second Lewis 3rd Tom and behind him was Paul. It was 15 laps to the end, and everyone thought it will stay like this but suddenly Charles overtook Paul. Now there was battle between Tom and Charles for the 3rd position.

Everyone in the Red Bull garage was hopping that Tom maintained his position, suddenly loud gasps ran through the garage. A crash between the Red Bull and the Ferrari. The Ferrari spun out into the sand and the Red Bull ran into the barriers and flew up in flames.

Behind this whole accident was Paul, when he saw what happened he didn't think twice to stop his car and ran to the burning car, he knew he had to get Tom out of the car. It didn't look that the marshals were anywhere near, so he had to get him out himself. He got closer to the car and quickly pulled him out.

He sat down an unpleasant looking Tom, he saw the ambulance and the marshals approaching, he took Tom and gave him to the medical team. He hoped that he was okay.

On the other side of the track in the red bull garage, everyone was scared looking and praying that he was okay, Katrin was looking at the screen that showed how Paul pulled out Tom out of the car, she was so thankful that he was there at that moment and did something that not everyone would do, in that moment she knew he saved her brother's life and she would always be thankful to him.

She then heard the commentors say: "And that is something unexpected, between the rivals, Paul Aron who ran to the car in flames and pulled Tom Horner out." After the accident, the race was resumed, and Max won second was Lewis and third was Piere. Although they were some celebrations, no one really wanted to celebrate after what happened. Tom was in the hospital, beside him was his mom and Katrin, Christian stayed to see the podium but went to the hospital right after.

Paul got driver of the day which made him happy, he wanted to go to the hospital but thought that he will give it a day or two. He didn't want the atmosphere to be any weird or anything. He hopped to see Katrin there, the only thing he thought about the last few hours was her. He didn't even want to think about what she must have felt when she saw the crash.

After some time, he finally had time alone, he got his phone and checked some social media, most of them had the accident some of them said how bad it was and haw happy they were that Paul did what he did. Also, his comments grew with people telling him that he did a good thing, some of the were surprised because his relationship with Tom, well there wasn't really one to start with.

Katrin POV:

I was in Toms room, waiting for him to wake up from all the medicine they gave him. Mom was outside receiving calls about the accident and asking I f he was okay. Dad was talking with the doctors and team. I was on my phone when I heard a groan beside me, Tom was waking up. I hurriedly sat beside him and hugged him.

"OMG you scared me" I was still hugging him. "I'm fine now, but my whole-body hurts." Then walked in our parents and hugged him. "I'm sorry mom and dad I didn't know what happened." "We know it wasn't your fault, we are just happy that you are okay." "What happened after, I don't think I remember much just the crash and someone taking me out." I looked at him and said, "Paul was behind you; he got out of his car and got you out of the flames." Oh my god he said, I knew he is thinking that isn't possible, but it is, and we both knew that if Paul wasn't there, we might not be here now and together, both doing pretty good.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone new chapter here, i know that i didnt post for quite some time but im back. Drop a follow and a comment what you think abou it. And dont forget to vote.

and Merry Christmas

K.