'*:;,.★ Chapter One ☆・:.,;*

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"Alright, fine. Let's move. Goodbye, Y/N," the woman bid farewell, leaving her all alone enveloped in a warm, golden light.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"Hey, Y/N! Earth to Y/N!"

"Huh? What is it March?" she blinked in confusion, only just realising she had zoned out for who knows how long.

"You're off daydreaming again," her companion March replies, rolling her eyes at Y/N in annoyance.

"I'm sorry," she smiled sheepishly, giving her an apologetic look. Y/N averted her gaze towards the coffee she was subconsciously stirring in front of her. It had definitely gone cold by now.

"What were we talking about?"

"Geez, did you not hear anything I said?" March huffed disappointingly.

"I was talking about how Dan Heng is so mysterious! He never talks about his past, and we know next to nothing about him besides his obsession with reading all day!" March raised a brow towards the young man sitting next to her. Y/N turned her attention to Dan Heng, taking note of the way his dark locks framed his cloudy green eyes.

He was clearly unbothered by her complaints, almost acting as if she never uttered a word. Silence enveloped them for a moment as he closed his eyes, sighing to himself. Y/N doubted he would tell them anything now, but a sliver of hope within her partially expected him to open up.

They had been travelling companions for a little while, and March and her were quite eager to know even the faintest bit about their friend's past. His gaze suddenly met Y/N's, catching her off guard.

"Well, if you ask me, Y/N is the mysterious one," he states calmly, attempting to completely switch the topic.

Y/N's stomach sank. Sharing what little she knew about herself wasn't the most appealing idea, especially when she pretty much knew nothing about her own past. It just didn't seem all that interesting to talk about - at least until she finds that woman, she was the ticket to learning her story.

"Ugh, you're dodging us again," March sighs exasperated, giving up. She knew he wasn't about to give in to our curiosities.

"Don't be so emo, Dan Heng. We're all pals here, you can trust us," Y/N joked, crossing her arms as she met his green eyes with a playful expression. Dan Heng stared back at her, his bottom lip quivering slightly. That's how she knew she struck a chord.

"I am not emo," he retaliated, furrowing his brows a little as he tried to keep his stoic composure together.

March and Y/N looked at one another knowingly, doing their best to hold back their laughter. They always found it amusing to push Dan Heng's buttons - and calling him emo was a surefire way of triggering him.

"Yeah, you are. Stop acting like a wannabe bad boy, Dan Heng," March giggled.

"It makes you look cringe. Girls aren't into that, you know!" she added, sticking her tongue out at him.

"Whatever," Dan Heng grunted, unwilling to entertain our teasing any further.

"Trailblazers!"

Our eyes shot up to a beautiful woman of fiery red hair.

"Himeko!" March beamed. She turned her body towards her eagerly, eyes glimmering with anticipation and excitement.

"Have we decided where we're off to next?"