'*:;,.★ Chapter Nine ☆・:.,;*

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Hello! I'm not a big fan of Author's Notes myself, but rest assured these will be few and far between. So, I would appreciate if people tuned into this.

First of all, hi! Feel free to call me V, or VK.

I just wanted to remind any lore hungry gamers that this story will not precisely follow the game's. I've already altered the story of Dan Feng and Blade's relationship and history a bit, as it does create a much better flow for my plans in the future.

I also plan on making this rather long. I'm a huge sucker for slow burn romances, so naturally, I will be doing that with this story.

There's a high chance this may reach 100 chapters, so for those looking for a lighthearted, quick dose of Dan Heng x Reader content, this may not be for you. Rest assured that my second Dan Heng fanfiction will be more lighthearted - maybe.

I do want to add some one shots here and there, in case the Dan Heng content goes a little dry! I always try to add at least a hint of romance within each chapter though.

And finally, I'm trying my best to release as many chapters as possible right now. I've been adding at least 1-3 chapters every 1-2 days. I am a university student, so unfortunately updates will slow down once the semester begins. I will make the most of my time now though!

Thank you for reading, and enjoy this longer chapter. <3

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

A group of cloudknights marched into the vicinity. In their arms was a struggling Y/N, who relentlessly fought against their grasp. On multiple occassions, she had managed to escape briefly, unforgivingly beating up multiple knights in the process. Her body was covered with heavy purple bruising, accompanied with scratches of red. Some trickled with blood. It was clear she had given them quite the handful.

"This one's given us a lot of trouble, sir," the leader of the group reported in exasperation.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Dan Heng was filled with horror upon seeing the state Y/N was in.

"Y/N! What have you done to her?!" the clash of intermingling chains echoed as he struggled to reach her on instinct.

'It's all my fault.'

Y/N slowed down, she was beyond exhausted. Her vision had a difficult time focusing, but she could just make out the outline of Dan Heng's figure. She managed to flash him a tired smile, relieved he was safe.

Her face was dusted in dirt. Beads of sweat trickled down her face, causing locks of hair to stick to her skin. Her legs trembled from exhaustion as she used her remaining energy to stay standing.

Jing Yuan's eyes widened. He instructed the knights to keep her in check, but not to injure her. He knew his knights weren't ones to disobey his orders, which meant Y/N had overpowered them to the point they were forced to attack. It seemed her decline in stamina was the only reason they managed to regain the upper hand.

He quickly fixed his facial expression, returning to his stoic composure. He strode to the girl, grabbing a fistful of her locks and forcing her to face him.

"Ah-!" she whimpered in pain from his harsh movements, sending him a deathly glare.

"You gave my men plenty of trouble, young lady," he smiled intimidatingly, a glint of anger in his eyes.