02. get him back

get him back | olivia rodrigo❝ i wanna get him backi wanna make him really jealous, wanna make him feel bad,oh, i wanna get him back ❞

❝ i wanna get him back
i wanna make him really jealous,
wanna make him feel bad,
oh, i wanna get him back ❞

AMETHYST IS SILENT as her eyes wander behind me. I turn around, tracking exactly where her eyes have landed.

"Me?" Tate nearly yells, his dark-hazel eyes widening.

"Him?" I question, snapping my head back to Amethyst who's swapped positions and is now standing with her hands crossed over herself.

"Why not? Brooke is too weird to take anything serious, Johnny doesn't even talk to anyone let alone women and you and Tate have been friends for ages!"

I have the urge to ask Amethyst if she's on drugs and if she is to get on whatever it is that's made her delusional enough to believe Tate and I are friends.

"Plus," she smiles wickedly "It'll kill him. Just think about it, that sleezebag is going to sit there and question every single second Tate has spent in your vicinity Loles. It'll drive him mad."

I don't have enough time to process what she's said because the familiar sound of Brooke's sharp laughter cuts through my thoughts. "You're sick, Amethyst," the tall boy breathes out.

It sounds more like a compliment, than anything.

The dark-haired girl shrugs, "I'll be anything to get him back."

The other boy of the hour doesn't seem to say anything, to check if he's even here anymore I look over to Tate.

Johnny Delgado may be the quieter one, but I think I have more of a chance of him speaking to me than Tate. My questioning gaze falls flat when he catches it. His lack of address is slowly but surely driving me mad.

"What do I get out of it?" Tate's smooth voice asks.

I almost snap my head to face him. Is he really considering doing this? I mean, I know I was but that's because I knew there was a whole other part of the plan that still had to get through.

"Don't be selfish Tate, can't you do something out of the goodness of your heart?" Amethyst snaps.

"Yeah Tate, out of the goodness of your heart," Brooke echoes, his lips twitching.

"Shut up Brooke."

"No can do. What do I get?" Tate persists.

"You suck so bad. But fine," Amethyst is quiet as she thinks over what can be done, when an idea strikes her Amethys's lips part with a smile stretching across it, "Loles will look after Biscuit until your mom comes back, or until this fake dating ends. Whichever occurs first.  And," She raises a finger — and? I want to interfere, he should be lucky I'm taking care of the Bridgers's new dog.

Biscuit is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, which I've only seen through pictures. He's a cute-looking dog and apparently the new love of Ms Bridger's life. According to Amethyst, Tate despises the dog and with his mom gone — on some aiding countries of need trip she's left the dog with him.