10. little black dress

little black dress | one direction❝ i wanna see the way you move for melittle black dress, who you doin' it for? little black dress, i can't take it anymore ❞

❝ i wanna see the way you move for me
little black dress, who you doin' it for?
little black dress, i can't take it anymore ❞

"OH YOU ABSOLUTE slag!" Amethyst shrieks as she enters her bedroom to find me already dressed in the strapless black dress that I'd purchased just for this party.

I shift from one foot to the other as her wondrous gaze roams all the way down my body in awe.

"Ames!" I groan, not wanting to go through the whole process where she tells me I'm the prettiest girl alive and how no one can compare and blah blah blah.

I appreciate it, I really do but only when she's in my Instagram comment section and not in real life where I bashfully accept the compliments with burning cheeks.

Amethyst raises a perfectly plucked brow. "What? You don't like being told you're the hottest girl alive?" She drawls, putting her hand on her hip.

Her lacey black top is conservatised by the black Victoria's Secret bra underneath it. It's nearly juxtaposed however by the extremely short dark-wash denim skirt, which accentuates Amethyst's achingly gorgeous long legs.

I tug at the mid-thigh dress but it won't relent. "I do, but not buy someone like you." I scrunch my nose up for extra measure to the insult.

Amethyst scoffs and throws one of her bracelets at my head.

I dodge it by a second and hear the silver piece rattle against her vanity. "You slag!" I yell with a hint of laughter.

"You started it!" She refutes, drawing closer to me. "Just wait, I'm going to be like one of those friends who ruins your makeup on purpose so you look ugly." She buries a smile by curling her lips and frowning instead.

I can see through her, obviously.

I scoff, "You wouldn't dare!"

Amethyst's been doing my makeup for parties ever since she mastered it herself. She's also my hair-dresser as well. My current bone-straight hair is a token of said hair-dressing.

"You've got to ditch the balero, Loles." Amethyst huffs as I take a seat at her vanity.

I look past the mirror and shake my head as she holds my gaze. "Absolutely not," I'm not terribly insecure about anything particular but I'm not the hugest fan of my arms and I also like the lack of cold. "Plus, it covers up my bra." I swiftly add.

I am not the kind of girl blessed enough to go bra-less.

"Fine," she groans reaching over for my makeup bag. I shift backwards in the seat to open up the drawer attached to the vanity that stores the majority of Amethyst's makeup. "What look are we going for today, madame?"

I roll my eyes at the nickname but my tongue for anything witty. "Make me look..." I turn over the wording I refuse to use due to embarrassment. Amethyst's raised brows has me sigh in defeat, "Hot," I whisper.