Chapter 2: Mission Oblivion

Silver

I gulped and glanced at Parker. He stared at me wide eyed. “What does he want?” I asked looking back up to the woman. Don't get me wrong I've spoken to Fury many time usually about my negative behavior but I've never been called to his personal office before.

“You’ll have to find out.” She said then gestured for me to follow her. I huffed out slightly in announce but kept my agitation at bay. Standing up, I didn't give Parker or anyone else another look.

I followed the lady through the cafe keeping my head held high and my gave averted to the back of the ladies hair.

They didn't need to know how terrified I was. She exited the cafeteria with me on her tail and zigzagged through the halls. We passed the empty training room and to the elevators at the end of the hall.

She pressed the button then entered the elevator once the doors opened. I followed her in and the doors shut. My nerves began to kick in once we reached the floor to his office. My hands shook and I shoved them in my pockets so no one would notice.

The only reason why Fury calls people up to his office is for private cases. I’m too young for most of the private cases as people say, so why on earth would he call me up here?

“Go on ahead.” The lady said snapping me out of my thoughts. I smiled at her as she left but she didn't return the smile. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at her when her back was turned. I then turned to face the door. I stared at the large metal door for a moment afraid of what was to come.  

What if he didn't want me anymore and decided to kick me out and leave me on the streets? Then what would I do? I had no place to go? No family to stay with. This was my family.

Building up all the courage I had I turned the handle and pushed the door open. I stepped inside the room and was immediately welcomed with a blast of light. I squinted my eyes to see where the source of the light was coming from.

Two of the four walls were made out of complete glass looking over all of New York. In front of the far glass wall sat Fury at his desk looking out the window. It had been a long time since I’d last been in this room.

I had been seven years old and I had been scared out of my mind. I shook my head erasing the memory from my mind and focusing on the present. I shut the door quietly behind me then made my way over to his desk without a sound.

“Good afternoon Silver.” Fury  said still glancing out the window. I stopped right in my tracks and gave him a puzzled look. “How did...” He cut me off, “Lots of practice. Take a seat.” He turned to face me and gestured to the seat in front of the desk.

His office was quite unusual and empty. The only pieces of furniture in the room were his metal desk and the chairs we were sitting on; which were quite uncomfortable if you ask me.

“Um... am I in trouble?” I asked not being able to take the awkward silence any longer.

“Quite the opposite really.” He said folding his hands on the desk. I breathed out in relief not realizing I had been holding my breath.

“It has something to do with Loki actually.” He said. I straightened up in my seat wondering if what I heard was correct.

“Loki? Has he returned...” I stammered but he raised his hand cutting me off. His expression became serious as he spoke. “No he has not returned... yet. But he will and soon, this is why I called you in.”

“Me? But isn't anything to do with Loki a job for the Avengers?” I asked curiosity coursing through my body. “Yes but not this one in particular.” He said pursing his lips.

“Why did you call me in Fury?” I asked crossing my arms over my chest. He breathed out heavily before speaking. “We think we have a way to defeat Loki... for good.” My eyebrow shot up in curiosity. “Go on.” I said  losing my patience. He smirked at my obvious impatience and continued.

“And it includes you. We need you to persuade Loki to stray away from evil.” I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips from his words.

He was out of his mind. I’m an agent not a damn psychologist, how the hell am I going to persuade Loki to stray away from evil. “It's impossible to stray Loki away from evil... he’s already evil and there is obviously no turning back for him.” I exclaimed.

“He wasn't evil a long time ago... he was just misunderstood. We need you to show him what love really feels like.” He explained but nothing came clear in my mind. “Oh and how do you expect me to do that?” I asked still chuckling quietly to myself. He smiled deeply at me as he spoke.

“Why time travel of course.”

He said simply. It took me a moment to process what he had just said. When it finally came clear I sprung up in surprise knocking over my chair in the process. I knew Furry was different but I would have never expected him to be down right crazy.

I've always somewhat admirred Furry in a way. Maybe it was all the stories I've heard about his bravery and courage or maybe it was the part that he was one of the only people in this world who excepted me rather then throwing me on the street like my foster parents.

“Excuse me!” I exclaimed in surprise.

“Time travel.” He repeated slowly as if he was speaking to a child. This must be a joke. Of course it was a joke there was no such thing as time travel. And there was certainly no such thing as good in Loki. It's been prooven many times.

“I know what you said but... I don't get what you said. There’s no such thing as time travel.” I whispered more to myself. “Not until recently.” Furry said and I stared at him in confusion. Oh this was bound to be good.

“You see Silver I’ve had Bruce, Tony and many other scientists at SHIELD work on a machine that will let one person travel back in time. And very recently they have got it to work.” He explained happily.

“So you're saying that I have to travel back in time with a err... time machine and persuade Loki to turn good?” I thought outloud. He nodded and I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. Yup, definitely crazy. “I have one question.” I said turning to him.

“Yes?” He asked meeting my eyes and crossing his arms over his chest.

“Why the hell wuld you pick me?” It really made no sense. Sure I was a great agent and all but lets be honest I suck at making friends. “Because...” Fury was cut off by the door bursting open with Tony Stark in it.

“Ah Mister Stark always a pleasure when you burst into my office rudley without an appointment.” Furry said standing up out of his chair. Tony smirked at him, “The pleasure is all mine.”

“What is it.” Fury huffed walking over to him.

“There's something I need to show you about the... the thing.” Tony said glancing at me through the corner of his eye. Furry shook his head and chuckled to himself.

“Silver this is Tony Stark, Tony this is Silver the agent that is taking care of the Oblivion Mission.” Tony’s face softened a bit but the arrogance was all there. “That’s great but we have to go.”

Furry turned to me apologetically. “Jenna will show you out. We will talk more about this tomorrow. For the rest of today you are acused from training. Oh and Silver... it would be best if you kept this task to yourself.” He said then followed Tony out.

“How charming.” I muttered to myself then followed Jenna down the elevators.

“I’m sure you can find your way from here.” She said and I nodded. My mind spun with unanswered questions After showering and changing out of my workout clothes I headed to the parking lot and jumped into my 1976 Mustang convertible.

I sat there with the key in my hand staring at nothing in particular. “Time travel?” I muttered. Of all the things I’ve gotten into this one would be the most craziest... by far.

Let me know what you guys think so far :)

QueenxofxThunder