Chapter 3: Hot Bodyguards and Earpeices

Gah I know I know I am uper late on my upload but before you start throwing stuff at me read first :P

Chapter 3: Hot Bodyguards and Earpieces

My eyes shot open to the blinding light leaking through my half closed window.

I moaned dramatically and stretched my arms out. I rubbed my eyes furiously and when I opened them again the remnants of my makeup were smeared all over my fists.

Managing to turn over on my stomach I glanced at my alarm clock.

"Crap!" I yelled not caring what the neighbors heard; they were used to it by now. I jumped up in my bed when I realized it was nine o'clock in the morning.

I had to be at work ten minutes ago. As quickly as possible I sprang out of bed and rushed around my tiny apartment to get ready. I splashed some water in my face, pulled my hair up in a bun, and slipped on some jeans almost falling over in the process.

I flung a white t- shirt over my head and grabbed my bag. I opened my apartment door and crashed into a hard male chest.

I stumbled back slightly but my fast reflexes kicked in and I planted my feet to the ground and aimed for a kick. "Wow, wow hold on Miss Silver! Fury sent me here!" The man held his hands in front of him defensively.

I stopped mid kick and examined the man in front of me. He had his hands out in front of him to try to block my kick.

He was young, probably one of the youngest agents I have ever seen. Maybe in his early twenties I couldn't really tell. I probably still would have kicked him if he didn't mention Fury.

Plus he was holding out a badge that stated he was apart of security so I placed both feet on the ground again and crossed my arms over my chest. I raised my eyebrow waiting for him to tell me why Fury sent him at my doorstep at nine o'clock in the morning.

He caught my annoyed expression and began to explain. "He needs you down at head quarters." The man said. He wore a pair of sleek black sunglasses so it was hard to tell if he was looking at me or not.

"Why'd he send you he usually just calls?" I asked suspicion creeping into my judgment. "Just a precaution." He said putting his badge back in his pocket. Fury probably thought I wouldn't come. Good on him to think ahead.

"I can't go I have work." I said then pushed past sunglasses guy and shut my apartment door closed. "We actually already took care of that." He said and I spun on my heels almost bumping into him again. "Excuse me?" I blurted out placing y hands on my hips.

"We took care of it." He repeated slowly as if he were speaking to a child.

"What did you do?" I asked meeting his gaze straight on... or at least I think I was I couldn't really tell with the sunglasses. Who the flippin' hell wears sunglasses inside anyways? Sometimes I wondered for these security guards. "We called in sick for you." He said simply as if he were ordering ice cream or something. Before I was agitated but now I was downright furious.

My fists clenched at my sides and just as I was about to throw some pretty unladylike words at him his earpiece buzzed. "Yes sir I have her right here." The man replied and before I could process what I was about to do I headed for him grabbed the earpiece from his ear and screamed into it.

"Next time before you decide to control my entire life try warning me!" The man grabbed my arm and pulled the earpiece from my grasp. "What the hell! You don't just go around pulling earpieces out of people's ears!" I was left shocked from his response usually a security guard would just wave it off and continue with his job.