Execution

It was often that People made assumptions about Tzuyu, thinking she is an arrogant and cold princess that sees herself above all the other courtesans and concubines.
In actuality, the Imperial Consort was humble and caring for those around her despite the overpowering facade of hers.
That's the conclusion Eunchae came up with while nursing the high rank concubine back to health.
Although she found her ladies in waiting very overbearing and arrogant, at first not even allowing her to be in the same room as The imperial Consort in fear she might worsen their mistress's condition because she was sent by The Virtuous Consort.
The imperial consort was elegant in everything she did and kind, never addressing the young maiden impolitely even tho her status was so high compared to hers and even coming up with a nickname for her, calling her Xiăo māomī , which later on Eunchae found out it meant "little kitty" .

"I hope they didn't bully you Eunchae." Sana said as she looked at the young girl before taking a sip from her tea as Momo and Sakura styled her long hair, adorning it with various hair pins that symbolize her status as a high consort.
"Do not worry yourself Mistress, they have not." The girl simply said, making the older woman smile softly as she hummed in delight.
"You know your way with herbs very well and your medical skills have surpassed the Palace Doctor's knowledge." Sana complimented the girl as she looked at herself in the mirror before her ladies in waiting started putting on her make up.
"I'm nothing but a mere serving girl my Lady, I was just lucky to learn these things since my father was a doctor himself and he taught me lots of things before I was kidnap and sold to the palace.." Eunchae said making Sana smile even brighter at the girl's modesty.
"That aside, you are still very talented. Being a serving girl would be a waste so from now on i appoint you as my new lady in waiting, and about your kidnappers.." Sana said before standout and looking at herself in the mirror once momo and Sakura finished them humming approvingly.

"I'll make sure your pay off wont go to those that brought you here. Sakura will show you around the ruby pavilion and teach you about your duties." The consort said before she turned to smile at the surprised girl.

"Welcome to your new home Eunchae! "

————————————————————

"I'm so glad you are feeling better.." Nayeon whispered as she played with a strand of Tzuyu's raven hair, making the younger woman smile as she rested her head against Nayeon's shoulder.
"I hope I didn't scare you too much." She said , making the empress sigh as she held Tzuyu's body closer to her.
"That's out of the question, I was absolutely terrified.." she confessed, making Tzuyu pull away slightly to look at her apologetically.
"It's gonna be fine from now on, I'll be more vigilant." The consort said making Nayeon smile softly.
"We still don't know where the poison was hidden, but it's excluded that it was in something you were meant to eat or drink." Nayeon sighed.
"That's that scares me.. whoever poisoned you thought very well before hand. Sana was almost poisoned many times but it didn't reach her thanks to her food tasters finding the poison, but in your case no one could have noticed not even you.." Nayeon said and Tzuyu looked down sadly before she suddenly got an idea and stood up from the bed, tying her long robe around her waist before walking out of the chamber and the empress watched her , a bit confused, until two maids came in, carrying a guzheng and carefully placing it down under Tzuyu's instructions before leaving the room while bowing deeply.
"Me playing it always cheered you in since the very first day I got here.." the consort said as she took a seat in from of the instrument as Nayeon watched her play with with a bright smile on her face.
No one could play as beautiful as Tzuyu , hearing and watching her concentrate on playing was a blessing and Nayeon thought Tzuyu looked the most beautiful while playing the instrument, without make up or the usual imposing jewelry and attires.
Just simple.
Simplicity looked best on Tzuyu.

————————————————————

"What exactly are you doing with these?" Elkie asked curiously as she watched Eunchae examine the make up products that Have been used on The Imperial Consort, prior to her falling Ill while Shuhua and Xiaoting watched her quietly and equally as curious.
"Since the poison was not administered through food or drinks I thought it might have been hidden in the Precious Consort Tzuyu's clothes, but I checked that as well with no result.." the young maiden said making Shuhua gasp.
"Oh! So now you'll inspect the make up in case it was laced with poison!" The lady in waiting deducted making Eunchae smile.
"Exactly!" She exclaimed as Shuhua grinned , proud of herself as Xiaoting patted her back.
"Hmm..." the girl hummed as she inspected the small recipient of face powder that Tzuyu's ladies in waiting used for her make up that day,making the three older girls quickly moved closer to her.
"What?" Xiaoting asked.
"Did you find anything???" Elkie asked as well.

"Yes and no.. the face powder isn't necessarily poisoned, but it's highly toxic for her. Most probably it's usage thought time was what made the Imperial Consort so sick , having a similar effect as poison." Eunchae deducted making the three look at each other shocked.
"B-but every concubine and lady in waiting in the rear palace uses that powder, even us-" Elkie stuttered, alarmed.
"It's likely a closed case. Consort Tzuyu is allergic to it, that's why it only had this effect on her." Eunchae specified making the three sigh in relief.
"Thank you for looking into the case and helping us So much Eunchae.. we won't forget this favor."

————————————————————

"So the source of poisoning is my allergy to what the face powder contains..?" Consort Tzuyu asked dumbfounded, trying not to move too much as Xiaoting and Yuqi carefully styled her hair.
"Yes Mistress .." Elkie said as Tzuyu hummed before smiling slightly.
" Did Xiăo māomī come up with this conclusion?" She asked , making Elkie, her head lady in waiting smile as she nodded.
"Yes mistress, she's brilliant for her age." The woman said and Tzuyu just hummed approvingly before a question popped up in her head.
"I heard that she is Consort Sana's new lady in waiting.." Tzuyu stated.

"The Virtuous Consort actually found Eunchae when she heard about the incident and asked for Imperial Highness to leave you in her care so she won't be disturbed from any of her duties." The maiden informed her mistress who seemed surprised at the news before bowing as she took her leave along the other maids at Tzuyu's subtle gesture.

She was grateful of course , but the sudden warmth in her face and the way her heart fluttered was what Tzuyu was concerned about now.