Assasin.

The inner palace was very quiet at night compared to how it was during the day, but tonight the silence felt heavy, it was too silent for Mina's liking, who stood by the window of her room, looking outside from behind the silk curtains.
She didn't have any problems sleeping usually, but tonight no matter how hard she tried, she simply could not.
It was as if something was telling her to keep her guard up so she did, cautiously looking out of the window, she didn't know what she was looking for or if there was anything to look for at all , but suddenly, when she was about to just give up and go to sleep a looming dark figure passed right by her window, making the lady in waiting freeze in her spot and thankfully, she wasn't spotted thanks to the curtains.
She could feel her heartbeat going crazy.
Who was that?
What was it doing here?

What if it comes in..?

Mina quickly stood up and walked to the Virtuous Consort's chambers just for a quick check and thankfully Sana was sleeping peacefully, but Mina was still restless as she walked back to her room and lied in her bed, falling asleep at some point.

The next morning a loud terrifying shriek woke everyone in the Inner palace up, including the two high level consorts who immediately made their way over to the source of the sound ,everyone bowing to show respect.
The scene before them was indeed gruesome, and it was just the outside.

A path of blood was marking the exit from a room of a lower rank concubine that has been decapitated last night, the door of the room was however being blocked by no other than Eunchae who was trying to convince the eunuch to not go inside.

"Move little lady, we need to investigate." One eunuch said, taking a hold of the girl's arm but Sana stepped up and held his wrist tightly making the man gulp and freeze as she glared at him.
"Do not touch my ladies in waiting unless you want to be decapitated as well." Sana growled before the man quickly bowed.

"I'M VERY SORRY VIRTUOUS CONSORT!" He immediately apologized and Sana gestured for him to step away which he did while Tzuyu watched her intently from a distance.

"Eunchae, why wouldn't you let them enter?" Sana asked the young girl gently and she bowed before her mistress before looki at Sana.
"My lady, if they go in and touch anything at the crime's scene they could get rid of very important proof and evidence that could be used to figure out what exactly happened here." The girl explained making Sana's eyes widen a bit in surprise at her intelligence.

"I see, well then." Sana said before turning to face the crowd that gathered around the common concubine's building.

"Everyone go back to your places. Eunuch , listen to the girl , we'll inform her majesty personally." Tzuyu said firmly, taking Sana aback who just nodded before walking towards the taller woman.

"What do you think?" Sana asked as they walked side by side towards the gold pavilion followed by their ladies in waiting.
Tzuyu frowned as she looked down, thinking.
"Concubine Na mi came from a wealthy family, could it be that a enemy of her father tried to teach him a lesson?" Tzuyu asked and Sana hummed, taking the theory into consideration.
"It could be that, but why her? As far as I'm aware her father has two other sons that are well known and very capable for their young ages, wouldn't killing one of them be a better revenge in the eyes of the enemy that his daughter who was sold to the palace? " Sana said and Tzuyu bit her lip, both falling into deep thoughts untill they reached the gold pavilion and were lei side by the guards that lead them to the empresses study room immediately.

"Tzuyu? Sana? What is wrong?" Nayeon asked confused at seeing the two high lever concubines in her office first thing in the morning, both all ready dressed up and ready for the day.

"A murder occurred in the common concubines dorms." Sana announced making Nayeon frowning as she quickly stood up and walked with them out of the chamber.
"Let's go immediately ."