1 - I Go To a New School This Year

[Percy]

It was just a normal day at camp with all the normal activities. Sword fighting, archery, rock climbing, canoeing, et cetera. The dinner was good as usual – the barbecue and pizza, and the goblet that filled with whatever drink you wanted.

Chiron stomped his hooves at the marble floor for attention.

"We are approaching the final week at camp! Please notify Mr. D or myself if you want to stay year-round this year. Also, there is an exchange trip for the year coming to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for the first term. If anyone wants to sign up, please also let us know."

A school of magic? That seemed amazing. But why would someone name their school Hogwarts? It would way better than Goode High School for a demigod who has ADHD and dyslexia. I would sign up for that if Mom didn't freak out at me for being gone a whole year.

I asked Annabeth to come with me and we headed towards the Big House.

We asked Chiron about the details of the exchange trip.

"...The school offered an exchange trip so you and their students can see more different forms of magic and combat strategies, but you will have to inform your parents about it. You will get your school supplies in London, and you will need a wand, which will be given to you before your departure. Some friends from Camp Jupiter will come as well. You are also allowed to take a pet with you."

"Is Mrs. O'Leary too big for that?" I asked.

"Perhaps for the Hogwarts express, but I'm sure it can shadow-travel."

"Oh right, wait a second for me to Iris-Message my mom."

I dashed towards the Poseidon Cabin for the water fountain.

"O Iris, goddess of rainbows, accept my offering."

I tossed a golden drachma into the mist.

"Show me Sally Jackson, Upper East side, Manhattan."

My mother's image shimmered in the rainbow. She was sitting on the sofa with Paul Blofis, my stepdad, watching a movie.

I told her about the exchange trip.

"That sure sounds amazing, but are you sure it's safe for you?"

"Yes, Chiron told me there are also a magical border around the school."

"Alright Percy, but remember to be careful and send me messages every week." 

[A/N]

Awkward conversations. Please give advise on how to make them 'not weird'.