5 - The Exchange Students

[Harry/3rd Person]

Harry sat down at the Gryffindor table, thinking about the Battle of Hogwarts. So many people had sacrificed themselves to protect him, and the school of magic. But, he thought, I'm lucky that all my close friends had survived the war. This year, he and his friends are returning to finish their seventh year, which Harry skipped for the search of Horcruxes. 

He snapped out of his thinking when he heard the Sorting Hat.

[Insert Song Here]

McGonnagall started to call all the names from her long roll of parchment, and Harry clapped for every new Gryffindor. Finally, when the Hat had Sorted all the first years, he found Ron staring at the magical plates expectantly. McGonnagall continued, "I kindly remind you that no students are allowed in the Forbidden Forest and magic are not permitted in the corridors between classes. Ans as some of you may know, we have eight new exchange students from America that will join us for the final year. The Gryffindor House has kindly volunteered to let them stay in their dormitories."

The exchange students sat down at the end of Harry's table. Ron eyed then suspiciously.

"Let the feast begin!"

The plates instantly filled with roast chicken, pork chops, lamb chops, sausages, steak, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, and mint humbugs. Ron started shovelling a whole lot into his mouth, and Harry spotted a boy looking quite like him doing the same.

-<O>-

"This way first years! And exchange students!" yelled the Gryffindor prefect. Harry, Ron and Hermione went up towards Gryffindor tower. Between the girls and boys staircases is a new door that said "Exchange Students". The new students piled inside. Being curious as usual, Harry carefully opened the door, not making a sound. He put on his invisibility cloak and then bumped in something invisible, like a barrier.

"Ow."

He quickly returned to his dormitory.