VI. Theresa

The Bunker, 5:40PM

Leon was able to go with Three at the end of the discussion after the rest came. Everyone got new weapons and more munition before they split halfway along the bloodied staircase.

Chris, Jill and Claire went for the control room to get the power back on, while Leon and Three went for the deeper layers of the well-hidden institution below the snow. Their priority was finding the laboratories, where the information was stacked away. The whole point of the mission was to stop whoever created the facility and get the necessary information in order to do it. In order to find it, they needed to reach the lowest block. For that – without the electricity – they had to be both smart and resourceful.

"Does it smell like Umbrella to you?" Three asked, who didn't want to look to suspicious around Chris and the rest – denying Leon's partnership in the mission. She let Leon join her, what caused more worries rising up inside her.

"No. Those bastards are dead. This is something new," Leon responded, slowly moving across the pitch-black halls with only some of the emergency lights either working poorly or flickering above the doorways, making the area appear awfully eerie.

"Sure as hell their legacy isn't dead. I don't like the smell down here," Three continued, entering the rooms that looked like dorms for the people employed. It was a widespread organization that was working in the facility – considering how many corpses were left behind.

Three then found a key-card on one of the scientists lying dead on the ground. "This will be much needed once we get inside. I hope Chris and the rest are nearing the control room."

"If not – we'll have to find the backup generators. I am somehow an expert in finding those," Leon responded, following Three closely behind through the gloomy dorms that felt like death was just around the corner.

"I don't doubt it," she responded, looking through the desks. Some were empty, others visibly used. A small stack of papers found her attention, once she moved across the hall to another room.

She picked the papers up and started reading the reports that were left behind. It spoke of experiments done in the laboratory below and how they tried to make T-virus more stable as well as how they tried to stop the mutation in G-virus cases. And that awfully resembled something she wishes, she could forget.

"Unstable G-virus. 10 out of 30 died while using the vaccine, in the rest mutation halted," she read out loud. She had to take a deep breath in, to calm herself.

"And nobody knows where the vaccine came from," she crumpled the papers in her fist and tossed it away, anger written on her face.

"What vaccine?" Leon asked as he heard the last sentence. Three grunted silently, trying to calm herself down.

"For G-virus. They were trying to make the vaccine more stable," she explained looking across the bloodied walls.

Leon narrowed his eyes, picking the wrinkled paper from the ground. "Why are you so angry? Not used to all this shit going on?"

She sighed. "It's not that. If we manage to get out of here, I promise I will tell you. But until then. Just don't ask me and ignore whatever my face is showing," she explained, knowing that she won't make it out – thus won't have to tell him the truth.

"You sound like all of this is personal. Did you lose someone because of the virus?" Leon then asked, briefly scanning the paper – reading the report.

"Yes, but that's all I can say for now." She then moved away from him and got out of the room to take a second for herself. 

But the second given to her was soon over, once one of the doors started loudly bobbing as if someone was trying to pry them open by force.