Chapter One - Pilot

Narrator:
Taylor Swift was on her way back in her private jet to New York from her last Era's Tour show in LA. It was exhausting for her to perform these 3 hour concerts constantly. She has a two week break until her next shows in Mexico City, but she didn't want to think that far ahead quite yet, right now she desperately needed some rest.

Taylor's POV:
I need to sleep for shit's sake, I haven't properly since before this damn tour. Of course I'd do anything to please my fans, but my exhaustion is at an all time high which frustrates me especially on this noisy flying piece of junk. It is simply impossible for me to relax on airplanes, the altitude creates a stressful environment, elevating my anxiety. I begin fidgeting with my strands of golden hair, while my other hand scrolls through social media. My heartbeat begins to pick up its pace and my chest tightens, causing shorter, panicked breaths. A distraction would definitely help, I thought. Suddenly a text appears from my publicist, Tree Paine. I press on it with my finger, getting a glance at my nails bitten down to the quick. The message read,
Wanted to let you know about something, two footballers's podcast go viral when one of them puts you on blast. Check it out here, he wanted to give you a friendship bracelet at one of your shows, his name is Travis Kelce. Nothing extremely worrying about this except the flirtatious undertones which created some dating rumors.
Interesting, football player huh? I don't personally like sports or have any surrounding knowledge about how they work but this sounds promising enough to check out. She follows up with another text, catching my eye that wanders the compacted small plane's interior. He's pretty cute, she messaged. I scoffed, how cute could some meathead football player be? They're always so sweaty and usually very careless and aggressive. Plus, even if this guy did flirt with me on his podcast, I doubt it'd be worth following up with him since this podcast isn't recent. It was August and this podcast was filmed in July. He probably forgot about this whole situation by now. What did I care, I'm Taylor Swift, I can choose to simply ignore him as well as Tree's suggestion. But nonetheless, I was intrigued and still needed a distraction, so I watched the clip of the podcast.

I was concentrated and very interested at this point, my eyes on the guy named Travis. The conversation revolved around a bracelet with his number on it that he made to hopefully give to me, bold move buddy. He was "butthurt", seriously? I internally laughed at that comment. Now after the video was over, I was honestly feeling obligated to respond in some way. So I asked Tree about possible options to communicate my reply. She was obviously joking around as we texted back and forth about my true motive to have an interaction with him. He was cute but not my usual type. I tend to go for boyish looking men, without so much facial hair. My ex Joe Alywn, when he started to grow his facial hair out, it was when we had been already drifting apart because he knew I wouldn't have appreciated it while we were actually together. To be fair, I wasn't fully over him yet. Having a partner for six years really changes you and right now I'm checking with my current feelings just to come to the conclusion that I'm not ready for someone else yet. Me and Joe were on alright terms but I had overstayed my welcome in that relationship when I had no intention of marriage. Joe had a different future envisioned for us, one with a wedding and kids, which both I was not ready for mentally and nor was my career as it had just been taking off to reach an all-time high. So, there was no affectionate motive, I was just trying to be nice, damn it. I knew Tree was just joking around, but I'm overly sensitive regarding that topic. Opening up instagram, I searched Travis Kelce's profile to send a direct message about his unfortunate experience at my concert when I toured in Kansas City. Before that, I couldn't help but scroll through a view of his posts, examining his looks and what he was all about, at least what was posted to reflect him on the media, which was never an accurate representation of a person's personality or their life. He had a muscular build though which sort of interested me but not when it's overdone. I was reminded of Joe's arms which were particularly sculpted but very strong and secure. Shaking out of that train of thought, I started typing up my message. I didn't want Tree to do it for me and I had already expressed that to her, but trying to curate something to say that wasn't too inviting or suggestive was difficult. After plenty of trial and error, my final sent message was this: Hi, Travis. I saw your New Heights podcast and was upset to hear you were disappointed when you didn't get the opportunity to give me your friendship bracelet. I was wondering if there was any way I could make it up to you? Reading it back now, the last part was nothing but suggestive. Shit, I'd really fucked up. I hurried to turn off my phone and threw it across the couch I was curled up on and stood up to walk around in circles with my hands fidgeting around once again. The adrenaline quickly wore off thought and I sat back down, my muscles and feet were far too weak. If I thought my anxiety had been getting to me earlier, well I didn't help my case. So much for a distraction..

Travis' POV:

I had woken up just a few minutes ago, at three in the morning to get some water. Usually I keep a large bottle on my nightstand but tonight I forgot as I was too distracted with my upcoming training I had to prepare for. Once I returned to my California king size bed I picked up my phone that had rang with a notification. Interesting how it was from instagram, verified users rarely send me DMs. My interest was piqued so I opened it and my jaw fell open. Taylor Swift had messaged me. She was my celebrity crush since her first album came out when I was in highschool, my friends never left me alone about it. Recently, around a month ago, I attended her Eras Tour concert which was the most entertaining and captivating experience in my entire life. Getting to watch a beautiful woman perform music that she's made throughout the entirety of her career with her extreme talent and gorgeous voice, it was a night to remember. I shook out of my daydream of admiration and read the message. The last sentence made me smirk a little, yeah Taylor, you definitely can make it up to me. My hands were practically shaking as I rushed a response that probably made no sense. I was too eager to hear back from the popstar that I have been attracted to for years. I'll gladly give her the friendship bracelet, this is like a dream come true. I feel like a kid in a candy store. So pathetic, Travis, a voice of reason in my head said, crushing my fantasies and I sighed. It's not like she's ever giving some unknown football player, such as me, a chance, she literally runs the world, she's Taylor Swift.

Taylor's POV:

My phone had landed facing upwards and my screen flickered on with an Instagram notification. How could he have possibly replied that quickly? If he was in Kansas City right now, it was undoubtedly late there. I checked the DM to see it was from him and I couldn't help being nervous when I saw his name after my embarrassing realization. After calming myself down because to be fair I was worked up over nothing, I opened it. The text read, Hey Taylor, can't believe you actually responded, pretty crazy. Actually if you are willing to, you could make it up to me by meeting up with me. I doubt you have time but I'd really love to meet you and of course give you that bracelet. Let me know! The message was far from overconfident which was unexpected but a relief given I was super uptight over this already. He actually came off as nervous, though it was simply words on a screen, weird how I associated emotions with that. Anyways, I probably have no time to meet up with him because, well, I'm Taylor Swift and I'm tired. Really though, I have music to record and business to do that I truly can't remember specifically right now which is why I have a team to deal with my work schedule. I laid down on the couch, throwing a blanket over my legs. I yawned and my eyes started to slowly shut as I kept typing. Must've sent something back to him but my brain was literally not functioning as my entire body ached from my performance tonight. I was overwhelmingly tired and the last thing I could recall was pressing something on my phone's screen and hearing a man's deep, gruff voice calling out my name, before my consciousness drifted away.