Chapter Two - Mistakes, Regrets, Arrivals

Taylor's POV:

My eyes blinked open slightly and I briefly could tell I was still in my jet, but it was grounded and the sunlight violently beamed through a window onto my face which made me flinch at the unwanted brightness. I scrunched my face and squeezed my eyes shut while letting out a strained, annoyed groan. My body twisted around onto my side, facing away from the open window. Peeking from underneath my heavy eyelids with my still blurry eyes, I could vaguely see someone standing in front of me, probably some security to escort me home. Completely unaware of my surroundings, I felt my hand touch something resting on the couch as I sat up and rubbed my vision clear again. I grabbed it, and it was my phone which was on video call with a very low battery. A wave of shocking realization came over me. I was terrified when I saw that I was on facetime with Travis Kelce. It took a moment to collect my thoughts and memories from last night but I can't remember doing this. Questions rushed to my head such as, what did he see? What did he hear? Did I say anything to him? God, I really didn't mean to do this. "Uh, hello?" I blurted out into the phone's speaker. His camera's point of view had been all black so I couldn't tell if he was still there, but he immediately picked up his phone and faced it. He was wearing no shirt and was laying in bed. On the other hand, I was lying on the couch with my messy hair while wearing a dark blue Eras Tour hoodie, with a confused expression on my face. He smiled at the sight of me, which unfortunately made me blush because I was completely unaware that my front-facing camera was on. "You look cute." Travis remarked. Certainly not after I literally just woke up, but he looked ecstatic to see me like this which couldn't not make me smile back. I laughed at the comment, completely clueless of whether it had a deeper meaning. After clearing my throat I managed to let out a laugh and then started stress-rambling apologetically, "I didn't mean to call you, I'm so sorry. What happened? I'm pretty sure I-" He cut me off, "Yeah you were sleeping immediately when I got your call. I never disconnected though, in case you had something to tell me, I don't know. But at one point you started uh..." He trailed off and looked hesitant to say what came next in his explanation. I was extremely worried of what I could've possibly done to embarrass myself now. "Well you were making..." He took a pause to put a word to it. "Noises." Great. I don't even want to know. At this point I could feel my face heating up like there was an open flame in front of me. I noticed his face was flushed as well as he avoided eye contact through the screen. "What kind of noises..?" I asked slowly. "I couldn't really tell" He lied, then went on his own anxious ramble."They were soft noises, so I could barely hear them, but I only stayed up to listen the whole time just in case, you know? I could see your face as you slept, I guess your phone was propped up or something. You were just dreaming though, nothin' else." Nothing else? What did he think I would've been doing otherwise? This conversation is uncomfortable and I need to forget this ever happened before it eats me alive with embarrassment. To be honest, I was getting impatient and annoyed with my own thoughts. "Sorry you had to hear me moaning in my sex dream." I muttered as I rolled my eyes, completely oblivious to the man on my phone paying close attention to my every move like I was a great importance to him. He was taken aback by this comment I made and I didn't realize I said it outloud until I left my cloud of thoughts. "Oh my gosh... I'm sorry I-" I cut myself off as I left the call in a hurry. Way to fuck things up already, Taylor. The messages popped up from the DM's we had sent and I read what I replied with in horror. It read: You want to hook up? Well I'll ask my team but you might be on a waiting list. That's literally what I said to Travis. Of course I was probably delirious when I sent it, no way in my right mind would I say that to him otherwise.

I had to forget this, so I got a sudden burst of motivation and stood up and yawned. My body was still incredibly weak from all my performance but I managed to exit the plane and hop into the backseat of the limo that had been awaiting my wake to bring me home. After a long excruciating ride of being trapped with my own regretful thoughts about the Travis incident, I arrived at my New York City penthouse. A lot of the day passed while I sat on my white L-shaped couch, silently pondering about how I could possibly make this right, while spending time with my cats. My conclusion was to grant his wish and visit him in Kansas City. That would be generous of me, plus it would give us some time to hopefully talk and get to know one another. Nothing more than a friendly dinner date, just me going out of my way to meet this guy, who I pray is just as kind in person. I began to alert my security team that I'll be flying out today, giving them the heads up before I get ready so they can prepare my private jet for takeoff. Searching my luxurious walk-in closet that consists of my huge wardrobe, I came across a small black dress I don't recall I've ever worn. I wondered why because it was adorable with just the right amount of class and very suitable for a dinner date, specifically this one. Then it all came back to me as I caressed the expensive material which had a barely visible stain. This was the dress I wore on my first date with Joe. It came to me in flashbacks, vivid ones, of us laughing together in some fancy Italian restaurant, when I accidentally spilled a little wine on my dress. Then later on that night, he crawled on top of me in the booth seat to share our first kiss. It was at that moment, I saw it all. All the pieces fell into place. It felt so right, so meant to be. He was the one, I was fully, one hundred percent sure of it. I was so deeply in love with Joe back then, but after returning to current reality and becoming aware of the fact I'm grasping onto this nostalgic dress with my eyes basically shaped like hearts, I still am. No, I can't be. Maybe I'm just in denial, it'll pass. I tried to forget the warm fuzzy feeling those memories bring to me, but it was hard when that happiness was what I longed for, the feeling so peculiar, it was rare when it was brought upon my usual numbness. Eventually I managed to locate another dress, because that little black one was to be preserved. Of course this one didn't compare but it'll have to do. I slipped it on over my protective undergarments that prevent any wardrobe malfunctions. I paired a red bottom sharp black heel that was higher than I ever wore on dates. Mostly because I was afraid of being any more tall than I already am, but this Travis guy was 6'5, so there's no way. I'm not even romantically interested in him so I have no clue why it took me an hour to finish my hair and makeup when I never care this much about having a perfected full face and a precisely straightened gold mane. Nonetheless, I arrived at the airstrip and took off to my next destination, Kansas City. I never gave this poor guy a heads up, so it's a risky chance of whether he's busy tonight or not. Hopefully not or I'll just go enjoy a lonely night at the bar.