Chapter Five - Trapped

AN: Travis will be endgame guys! Unfortunately though, Taylor makes some decisions that say otherwise in this chapter so brace yourselves!

Gotta love the drama tho 🥰

______________________________________

Taylor's POV:

I was on my way to the Silver Star awards.

I had just finished getting all glammed up for this red carpet event.

My skin felt weighed down by my heavy makeup that appeared seamless but I badly wanted the uncomfortable layer off of me immediately.

My custom-made dress was a sparkly silver, with a sleeveless (and quite revealing) corset top alogg with the train skirt that dragged behind me with beautiful subtle star detailing. I wore some high heels that matched as well, with my hair styled precisely as it fell into place like dominos, flowing over my shoulder in intricate waves.

I had to admit, I looked sexy.

As I was riding in the backseat, Travis messaged my phone saying:

"I'll be watching the awards live, baby. Can't wait to see you in a stunning dress and watch you win all five awards. I miss you Tay, but I'll be visiting you in New York soon."

His honest words brought a grin to my face that had been glued in place all day, not expressing a single emotion.

I had to keep reminding myself that when the cameras start flashing, I need to look remotely happy to be here. When in fact, I was just the opposite.

My group of friends would be coming too and sitting near me, but I still can't bring myself to feel excited or optimistic. Like, ever since I woke up this morning, I felt numb.

The thought made me anxious.

If my doctors found out I had taken some drug that could've affected me like this, they would be extremely concerned.

Now that I think about it, where did I get those pills? I've never been prescribed sleeping pills and I don't take anything without my doctors recommendation or approval.

Wait..

They were Joe's.

I had always given them to him some nights for his insomnia, so I kept the bottle in my nightstand to have quick access right before I slept.

It was just muscle memory that I pulled them out, except this time I took them and it was a dose way too strong for my body.

Who knows how many I poured into my hand? The whole thing was just a blur.

And, to make things even better, my head was still felt like it was going to implode from the pressure of the headache.

No one else knew I felt this way. If Tree did, she'd get all worked up.

Plus, they'd tell me to stay home from the awards, which would be a horrible impression for the Silver Star's first ceremony.

There was no backing down.

No giving up.

As the car braked, the driver let me know I had arrived. My security opened the door and helped me step out as I was instantly blinded by the papparazzi's flashing cameras.

I walked at a fair pace to the entrance at the end of the carpet with my perfect posture and signature confidence. Once I reached the middle, they made me stop to pose for a moment with a backdrop behind me.

This is when I remembered to smile, slightly, with my mouth closed, so I looked somewhat alive.

My shiny red lip glistened in the spotlight, as it stood out against my strictly silver color palette.