Unwanted Intruder

Day one. Day one of Nightmare and his group of murderers and thugs moving into this paradise Trep was finally able to live in. It was no surprise to him that some of the others seemed...hesitant about it. Cross had been extremely against it, actually. The guard, who had never been one to interrupt, ended up having an outburst in the meeting an hour before Nightmare was supposed to arrive. "You expect me to just– just forget what he did to me?! To be okay with them living here?!" Cross had quickly shut up and left the room, but Trep caught that scared expression before he left. He'd watched Dream leave shortly after, and he knew it was to calm Cross.

It wasn't like anyone else was okay with it either. Several weren't, actually. Red, Underfell Sans, had defended Cross's outburst saying that he wasn't okay living with people that had done horrible things. Even Fresh had agreed, despite it being in his weird dialect that was almost impossible to understand. But nonetheless, Blue and Ink tag-teamed calming everyone and getting most of them to calm down. They promised if there were ever any incidents all of them found severe, that Nightmare and his murderers would be removed and the truce would be off. It satiated those who weren't quite okay with it enough to end the meeting.

As soon as Trep left the room, he was searching for Dream and Cross– mostly Dream. It didn't take long to find the guardian, who was sitting in the garden. He assumed Cross was already gone, judging by Dream's sleepy looking state. He must've been exhausted of his positivity again... "Dream?" Dream glanced over, his half lidded sockets and fuzzy golden eyes focusing on Trep. Oh yeah, he was definitely lacking in the positivity department. Trep walked closer into the garden, standing beside Dream's sitting figure. "It's gonna get cold out...should head in. I can even carry you- if you want."

 Dream muttered something before nodding and reaching his gloved hands upwards. Trep was more than eager to pick his best friend up and get him somewhere that he could recover before Nightmare came. The sleepy guardian held onto Trepidation's shoulders, smiling at him as he was carried. "Thank you....Trep. I know that you're not...eager for Night to be here but...but he's good, promise...calm and quiet– he was always so...shy." Dream's voice was slow and his sentences were broken, but Trep cut him some slack; he looked exhausted after all. Still, he didn't believe a word Dream said.

"Yeah, I bet he is...here we are, your room..." Trep opened the normally unlocked door, the soft yellow room being welcoming. He set Dream down on his big, soft bed, the translucent white canopy hanging so delicately over him. Dream had similar curtains over his big bay window, the black out curtains beside it pushed out of the way to let sunlight in. Trep opened up the window so Dream could get the sunlight in and pulled the translucent curtains over it- just so nothing had the wise idea of getting in. Dream shifted in his bed, taking his circlet off and struggling with his shoes. "I got it, Dream...just relax..." 

"Oh– thank you...sorry, I'm...I'm really tired from all this negativity..." Trep nodded, saying he understood and that Dream had nothing to apologize for. He worked the guardian's boots off, putting them away on the shoe rack and putting Dream's circlet on the purple velvet pillow Dream so insisted on having for it. He tucked Dream into bed, admiring him for a moment, before turning around to take his leave. Immediately, he came face to face with a black creature, a cyan eye staring almost into his Soul. He rightfully yelped, summoning his axe to his hand from his inventory and holding it in front of him defensively.

"Who the hell are you and why are you in Dream's room!?" He shouted at the figure, who simply– grew a mouth? A wide, Cheshire-like grin appeared on the figure, a chuckle following. "Well...I could ask you the exact same thing, now couldn't I?" Trep glanced at Dream, who only barely sat up and rubbed his sockets. "What's with all the yelling..?" Dream blinked and looked at Trep, then the figure, and proceeded to get a big smile. "Brotherrrr!" Brother? So this guy was...Nightmare?! "Yes yes, I came to visit before I sent over my lot of idiots...who is this odd character? Your secret lover or something? How scandalous~" Nightmare basically cooed, smirking more.