Chapter 2: Too Much

A few minutes have gone by since Tim and Lucy were at the station. Lucy accidentally bumps into Nyla.

"How was it?" Nyla asks, raising an eyebrow.

"How was... what?" Lucy confusedly responded.

"At Tim's house."

"Oh! It was okay." Lucy shrugs a bit while answering.

"Did you guys fight?" Nyla crosses her arms; it seems like she's quite interested in Lucy at the moment.

"No." Lucy tries to avoid eye contact with Nyla. "Lucy, don't lie. Im a detective." Nyla raises her eyebrows.

"Seriously, we didn't." Lucy gets cut off by Nyla: "I know you guys fought. What was it about?" Nyla, who is clearly concerned.

"Nothing." Lucy puts her hands in her pocket. "Fine, he didn't know I was coming over, and he made a big fuse about it." She rolls her eyes at the thought of Tim being mentioned.

After shift, Lucy directly goes to Tim's house. Luckily, she has Tim's spare key. She opens the front door, goes to the guest bedroom to go shower, and go to sleep since she had a long day at work. After, she decides to watch some ClipTok, then read a book before going to bed. A few hours have gone by, and she hasn't heard from Tim yet. She decides to brush it off because his life isn't her business. Soon worry starts to consume her; it's been 3 hours. She then hears keys jingling near the front. He's home. But she heard the front door slam. Lucy gets up and goes to investigate, only to see Tim stumbling and almost knocking stuff down.

"What's up with you?" She scoffs with concern.

"Nothing is wrong with me," Tim murmurs with hiccups while holding on to the couch for balance.

"I can clearly see you're not okay." She states that she wonders if she should help him or not. Option 1 it is then, helping him, since she doesn't want a big mess everywhere. Lucy goes up to him and gets a hold of his arm, helping him with his balance.

"I don't need your stupid help." Tim mumbles annoyingly.

"Yes, you do; you're going to make a big mess everywhere." Lucy's eyebrows furrow.

"Whatever," Tim rolls his eyes at her, and Lucy manages to get him in his room. "Go take a shower; you stink." Lucy hurriedly gets out of his room but is stopped by Tim.

"Then will you help me shower?" Tim seems to have a grip on her wrist, making it easier for him to pull closer to her. His breath was hot near her neck. His voice sounds like he's pleading.

Lucy hesitates, "No! Absolutely not!" She raises her voice a bit. "That's disgusting!" She tries to loosen his grip on her, but no matter how hard she tries, she can't get him to let go.

"I'm sure you'll have fun." Tim puts a slight smile on his face.

"Let go of me." Lucy mutters, and Tim releases his hand off of her wrist. "Fine, you go do you then, but I'm still up for a challenge." Tim smiles at her before entering the bathroom. Eventually, Lucy goes to the guest bedroom and is ready to go to sleep.

She can't seem to sleep again; her thoughts with Tim are rather weird than anger now. He probably had too much to drink at the bar; she brushes it off before going to sleep peacefully.