2. First sight

Jake prepared the last of his documents and placed them in his bag. He would be studying at his brother's school starting tomorrow. Niki had told him what happened. About the two kids in his class and how they were picking on him just because he was of a different race. In fact, it wasn't just a annoyance, Niki was openly bullied. His money was taken, and when he tried to resist, he was subjected to violence. More than that, he was psychologically worn out. It was only his first year in high school, but he had to face a lot of insults. It was unfair that he had to go through this when it had only been a month since the semester started.

Jake was actually in favor of sharing this incident with his family. But Niki stoped him. This situation was too embarrassing for him. And he didn't want to put his family in a difficult situation and worry them. That's why Jake refused, no matter how much he insisted. Although Jake wanted to take his brother to his school, he could not succeed because the class was full. This pushed him to a single solution. He couldn't tell his family. He couldn't take his brother with him. The only way to protect him was to be by his side. So he would change his own school.

"I can't believe you did this..."

"What? Don't you think it would be nice to go same school as me? You can come to me whenever you want and ask for extra money."

When Jake grinned at his brother, Niki grimaced at her brother's positivity. He knew that his brother was doing this for him and it made him feel responsible. Jake had ruined his own routine to be with him. He suddenly decided to leave his school routine and friends and enter a different environment. And he hadn't even thought about it properly. It was actually unwise for him to make such a change in his third year of high school.

"We're in the middle of the semester... Seriously though. This is a bit too much, hyung."

"Don't worry, you have a smart brother. I can handle anything."

Jake jumped on the bed next to his brother and hugged his little one with excitement. While Niki was looking at him with a sullen expression, Jake grinned again. He wanted to see his brother laugh and watch him live a good high school life. He, like Niki, grew up in another country and had experienced similar things. He just wanted to protect Niki.

"Niki-ya..."

"Yes?"

"Your brother will fix everything. Don't worry."

"I think I'll just start worrying about you instead of myself."

"What does that mean now?"

"So... You know, you're not very strong. I don't think they will see you and run away."

Jake pulled his arms away from his brother's body and grunted at the small slap to his face. His brother actually despised him. But he was confident. He could. He could protect his brother.

"I didn't say I would use force anyway."

----------------

After Jake entered his classroom and introduced himself to the others, he moved to the back row. Since there was an empty sit, he immediately went there. However, when he sat on that bench, the boy next to him immediately got up and went to his friend. Jake looked at the kid running away in surprise, then at the rest of the class. He was a fool to say he came from Australia. However, he was sure that his teacher had given information to the students before he arrived. Because he felt the strange looks on him the moment he entered the classroom. He still couldn't believe that people were so discriminatory. He made friends with dozens of people from different places in the same class in Australia. But everything was very different here.