4. Brothers.

The days were passing quickly. Jake got used to his group of friends very quickly. And in his opinion, they too had gotten used to him. Of course, more time had to pass, but he had made so many memories from the first week. Others treated him well and always accompanied him to school. Especially Jungwon was doing everything to avoid him being alone. Jake had happier days than he expected. So much so that this made him look forward to Mondays.

At lunch time, Jake had dinner with the others, and then they chatted a bit. The person who talked the least among them was Sunghoon. Jungwon told him not to worry because he couldn't be friends with someone easily. Jake actually understood that he was a little more reserved. That's why just being with them was enough for him.

"I'm going to the bathroom."

When Jake stood up with his plate, he smiled at the others, left his plate to the woman and went to the bathroom. While he was inside the cabin, he saw a pair of feet outside. This made him a little uneasy, as he knew the other cabins were empty. When he finished his business and opened the door of the cabin, he encountered someone he did not expect. 

Seon.

"Will you allow me?"

While Jake was trying to get out of the cabin, the other one blocked his way and continued to stare at him. Jake took a deep breath and turned to the tall boy. He wondered what he wanted.

"Are you friends with them?"

Jake was momentarily surprised by the question he received. Was he talking about Jay and Sunghoon? That's why he looked like he didn't understand. When the boy held his shoulder, squeezing between his fingers, he repeated his question.

"I said, are you friend with them?"

"With who?"

Jake felt pain as he tried to get away from the hand on his shoulder. Seon's strange looks frightened him. He looked sick. Or, to be more precise, it looked like he was using drugs.

"Sunghoon and Jay."

At that moment, Jake wondered if he would cause trouble for the others. He didn't want to cause trouble for anyone. Especially Sunghoon. He remembered the tension he felt between the two that day. Did they have a history? Is that why he was asking?

"Are you going to answer or..."

When Jake felt the grip on his shoulder tighten, he grimaced in pain and backed away.

"Yes, yes... We are friends."

At that moment, the hand on his shoulder was loosened. When Jake grasped the painful part, he looked at Seon in surprise. While laughing sarcastically, he walked to the sink and threw the water on his face.

"They're friends with someone like you, huh... Idiots."

Jake couldn't say anything. Seon just turned and glared at him one last time with anger. When he came out of the sink, Jake stood where he was. He was just trying to make sense of what had just happened. He washed his hands, took off his sweater and shirt, and looked at his shoulder. Even the other's fingerprints were visible on his white skin.

When Jake came out of the bathroom, he went straight to his classroom. When he came to the corridor, he saw the trio in front of the window. Was it right to be their friend? He was worried about any harm coming. Jake tried to avoid others seeing him as he walked towards the front door of the classroom, but he stopped when he made eye contact with Sunghoon.

"Jake!"

Jungwon came running to him and gave him one of the coffees in his hand.

"I bought it for you."