8. The love of others

Jake put on his backpack and left the house. Niki had left a few minutes before him. They still don't go to school together. In fact, most people at school understood that they were brothers, but the little guy still wanted to hang out alone. That's why Jake stopped insisting. When he noticed the body waiting in front of the door, he immediately smiled. He had been going to school with Sunghoon for a while and returning back together. This had become a daily routine for them. With the arrival of spring, going to school became more fun for them. They always meet Jay and Jungwon halfway and enter the school together. However, this morning was different, they found Jay alone.

"Where is Jungwon?"

'I don't know, when he saw me he suddenly hit me in anger and ran away.'

Jake and Sunghoon looked at each other in surprise. Jay just shrugged, not really understanding what was going on. Actually, Jungwon had been acting strangely for a few days, but no one paid any attention to it. When they realized that they would be late for school, they walked quickly together. Jake was about to enter his class like everyone else, but Sunghoon stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

"Huh?"

'Actually..'

Sunghoon paused for a moment because of the other's sweet gaze. It was as if he forgot what to say. When Jake smiled at him, he rubbed his face to regain his composure.

'I'll tell you on the way out.'

Sunghoon slowly removed his hand from the other's wrist. Jake was still stunned as he watched him enter the next classroom. Because he saw the other blush for a moment. And for some reason, this image seemed cute to him. While he couldn't stop smiling, he quickly retreated from the door because of the breath he felt on his neck. He felt goosebumps when he saw Seon behind him.

Seon was much taller than him. And for him to feel Seon's breath on his neck, Seon had to be leaning towards him. Maybe he did it on purpose. Even the thought of this irritated him. He made a grimace and walked in, ignoring the other's stupid looks. Jungwon was sitting on his desk at this time.

"Jungwonie.."

'Hmm?'

"Looks like we're not in a good mood today either."

Jungwon turned to him sullenly and continued to twirl the pen in his hand. Not long after, the math teacher entered the classroom. While Jake was laughing at his friend's sullen state, he played with his hair and tried to cheer him up. Meanwhile, he felt the eyes on him again. He saw the body sitting in the back row by the door looking at him. Seon. Jake took a tired breath and immediately turned back to the front. He felt his joy disappear.

------

Jake pushed the body sleeping next to him again. Jungwon was quite absent-minded these days. He was sleeping in classes and trying to escape when they gathered in groups. No matter how much Jake warned him, he couldn't get his attention. Finally it was time for the break. Jake immediately reached for the other's hair and gently petted it.

"Jungwon, let's go to the others."

Jungwon didn't even move. Normally, he would get up immediately and go to the door of the next classroom. However, he had been feeling cranky for a few days. After taking a deep breath, Jake leaned his head on the other's head and spoke. Jungwon had a problem and he couldn't tell it to his friend. Jake just wanted to support him.

"I'll buy you strawberry milk."

This time Jungwon opened his eyes. Maybe he wasn't interested in classes or chatting with friends, but he still couldn't say no to strawberry milk. Jake couldn't resist his cuteness and laughed. They both got up, put on their jackets and left the classroom to go to the canteen. Jake took this opportunity to look through the door of the next class. When Sunghoon noticed him, he immediately waved and got up from his seat.