Preface

Hey, everyone!

This book has been on my to-do list for what feels like ages. Just as I promised, this is the Hitchhiking mini-series but in book form. I'm here before the story starts to get some things out of the way.

Number 1: for the sake of the story and its flow, I made the executive decision to change up some of the plot.

It's funny. Only after I wrote the one-shots did I realize that I messed up. In my writing world, June and Mack are never supposed to exist in the same world (MCU/non-MCU stories). If you've been reading my stuff, June is supposed to be solely MCU (or any Vertigo world). And Mack is supposed to be solely non-MCU (any regular life stories) since she's June's actress (yes, I know sometimes I put June in non-MCU). So if one is in a story, the other definitely shouldn't.

So, that being said, Mack will not be making an appearance in this book. I'll be altering the story to make all of that make sense. Don't worry, you'll love Callie and June in this story.

There are also a couple of other things in the plot that I changed, moved, or just cut out. I do that so the story is just overall better.

Number 2: even though this story is based in the real world, I made up pretty much every location for the sole reason that I didn't want to do research. So you'll be brought to a mix of real and fictional places.

Here are some of the fictional places so far:

Roaster Room

Mountain View High

Heritage High

Georgio's

Prime Gas

Summit Middle School

-

I hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. So. All that said...

Welcome to: Hitchhiking