CHAPTER SIX

Evangeline's pov:

Evangeline's pov:

          I HAD A BIG MEET TONIGHT it was a few hours after the tourney game. And I I'm not nervous at all, I know I'm good at gymnastics, I'm a level nine for crying out loud, the highest level in the gym, alongside Ivy. Auriella and Leila are both level eights. Along with the rest of the team. And I'm gonna be the first one that makes it to level 10 at sixteen.

     I leave out of geo with Ivy and we walk to our locker. Which is pretty close to Ben's , he said I get side tracked easily and he likes keeping an eye on me, which is ... odd. And Ivy's locker is two spaces away from mine.

     Ivy opens her locker and maneuvers her backpack and kneels down and opens it "Uh, Ivy? Whatcha doing?" I question her walking away from my locker and see her putting another bunny into her locker ,  which she had me spell to be a bunny utopia , "I got another bunny!" She cheers with a wide smile, I giggle and walk back to my locker.

       I look into my locker and spot so many pictures of all my friends and family. Selfies from our girl hangouts take over though, I have pictures of me and Holden alongside me and Ben. And a picture of my entire family and beignet in the splat center . I put my sage green tote bag into the bottom of my locker and grab my gym bag. I close my locker and turn to see a grinning Jay leaning on the lockers next to mine "Hi!" I say quickly with a smile, I can hear Ivy snicker behind me and I kick my foot back hitting her in her shin "I'll catch you Vy, okay?" I turn my head and she laughs and nods before walking away

      "Hey , Eva. Are you ready for the game later?" He asked raising an eyebrow "Definitely, and you guys better make it worth standing in the hot sun for two hours, and my hair getting all frizzy." I replied placing a hand on my hip

     Jay's eyes move from mine and land on my gym bag and he motions to it "What's this for?" He questioned "Oh I have a meet directly after the tourney game, so I won't have any time to come back and grab my stuff , so I'm just — taking it with me." I smiled leaning on the locker

    I hear Mal exclaim Audrey's nickname for him 'Bennyboo' as she walked past us, I go to turn my head but Jay reaches for my head and pushes a few fly aways back.

     "That great, I've been trying all those goody tooshoes nicks and tricks that fairy godmother been teaching us , so tonight should go well." Jay chuckled, and I giggle scrunching my nose , I look at Jay and he's wearing a large smile "What?" I ask with a giggle "Nothing that was — that was cute, your nose scrunching up like that." He said and another blush running across my face.

      "Hey, I brought you some cookies from last night. Wanted to see if you wanted some or not." Jay waved a plastic bag of dark chocolate chip cookies, with what looks like crushed up Oreos. I never eat on meet days, if I eat and get bloated it makes it extra hard to fit into the leotard, and getting sick was a problem too. Tumbling full is not a fun party. I had a mango this morning to hold me off, because my friends say I get a little — uh — hangry is probably an understatement.