CHAPTER SIXTEEN

THE VK'S HAD LED US TO where they used to live . Jay picked up a rock and threw it at a sign that read 'BEWARE flying rocks' and a gate opened up. Ben went to the doorway and looked back at us. "Wish me luck." We all gave him all a nod before he went up the stairs.

     "So, what was that about?" I question the group and everyone looks at each other before overlapping their words

    "What? What're you talking about L-Love?"

    "Huh? That? Oh nothing"

    "No clue."

    "Pshh! A minor mishap."

    My eyes widen and bounce between all four of them "Yeah, get to talking. And do it now." I say sternly, Jay flinches back slowly before sighing and placing his hands on the corner of his knees

     "Gil is one of Uma's goons. Short answer, we don't get along very well. So if Ben could come down with Mal so we can go home all will be better." Jay informs and I nod.

       A while later, Ben came down the stairs with no Mal by his side. "Where is Mal?" I asked curiously, wondering why the new blonde was nowhere near Ben. Ben bit his lip before he responded.

      "She's not coming back." Ben said with a frown plastered across his lip. Evie and Gia shook their heads and said they would talk to her, Ben walked off. I bit my inner cheek, glancing to my boyfriend who was watching Evie run up the stairs with a puzzled expression. I groaned and turned on my heels.

    "Ben! Ben, slow down! These Heels aren't easy to run in!" I called as I took a break from running and placed her hands on her knees. "Geez, who knew a prince could have some actual speed." I sigh before chasing after him again.

      I finally catch up to Ben in a dark alley where I can barely see him "Uh sir , may I throw the reminder into your dumb wittle mind that — WE DO NOT KNOW THE ISLE!" I shout at Ben and he widens his eyes in fear "I'm sorry! I just couldn't stand there. The girl I love just—" Ben stopped talking as he was dragged out of the way and I take a step back "Ben?" I question

     Silence, "Ben!" I call out again, nothing. I feel an arm wrapped around my neck . I instantly flip the person over on their back and see a lousy pirate "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I shout. The pirate stands back up and I get in a fighting stance.

       Said pirate lunges at me and I punch him in the chest before swiping my foot under his legs causing him to end back up on the ground. I get pulled in by my throat by another body , I try and flip them over as well but failed "Can't do that to me, doll." A thick accent rang in my ear as a gag was placed over my mouth and nose.

     I struggle and kick before I slowly become unconscious, but I hear the person say  "What a catch." And pick me up bridal style, Before I completely knocked out.

———

Jay's pov:

       I GRAB GIA AND EVIE'S ARMS and pull them towards me "Lets give her a couple hours to cool off." I advise and Evie nods right away while Gia reluctantly groans and crosses her arms before giving me a small nod and I pat her shoulder

      "Guys!" Carlos calls , and we all snapped our heads towards him "Where's Ben and Eva?" He questioned worriedly and I walk around with my eyebrows furrowed together in confusion "Ben!" Evie called out "Eva?" I looked down the alleyway "Evangeline!" I shout with worry "Evangeline Di'Maldonia, this isn't funny!" Gia fake laughs nervously

     We all see a figure start walking down the isle and we simultaneously let out sighs of relief "Ben, don't scare us like that." Evie sighed "Don't scare you? But that's my specialty." Harry responded with a sinister smirk. With Eva in his arms — limp.