The train station.

The next morning, surprisingly you manage to rise early enough to avoid a conversation with your mother over the matter.

You knew no matter what happened, no matter what your father did. She'd always side with your father. He'd always be her priority.

Your anger had subsided from the night before, instead you chose to strategise. How could you appease Tanner enough to make him trust you?

To make him win, better yet. Make him perform?

You slip out of your house quickly, managing to arrive at the train station before the tributes train can arrive. The station was clean enough, using the same marble that most of the city was built out of.

The floor however was worn, constant batters of footsteps crossing it had damaged it so much, that it had gone from a cleanly white to a stained grey.

Around you, multiple peacekeepers stood guard, holding guns tightly in their grip. They all were extremely tense, much more than usual.

This wasn't any different from any other game. Most of the time, every single peacekeeper you had seen were tense.

"L/n." You hear an aggravating, grading voice call.

Great.

You turn to your left, your eyes catching Coriolanus Snows figure. He stood tensed up, thumbing a rose as he watched you. Just what you wanted early in the morning.

"Come to greet your tribute?" He asked, quirking a brow at your appearance.

"Sure. You could put it like that.." you respond, tightly crossing your arms over your chest. It was silent for a moment. The time filling with a tense atmosphere.

"We never finished our chat from earlier." He suddenly said, stepping closer. You turn to him raising a brow.

"I'm not sure I-" you were loudly cut off by a sharp whistle as a train carting multiple carriers pulls to a steady stop in the station.

They were here, saved by your tribute. How great. You take a deep breath as a peacekeeper each begins to rip open the doors of the carts.

You begin to walk up the station, watching each of the tributes fall out of the carts. You could see Festus's tribute, she was taking deep breaths, stood protectively in front of her tribute partner.

Your eyes catch onto your tributes district partner, brandy you believe her name is, fumbling out of the cart. Her eyes wide with rage, her chest heaving.

Falling out after her, was Tanner. His rage, whilst obvious through his tense frame, was no where near the amount of his tribute partner. "Excuse me?" You call out, approaching the pair, instantly the two straighten up, Brandy tensing up the most.

"What do you want." Tanner snaps, his eye drinking in your appearance, a snarl covering his face. Brandy looks you up and down, her eyes squinting as she stepped backwards putting space between the two of you.

"I'm your mentor. It's nice to meet you Tanner." You say, a tone of gentleness covering your voice.

You need to get him to trust you, no matter what.

"The hell would I need a mentor for? With or without you I'm still going to die in the arena." He snapped, Brandy suddenly slams her elbow into his side. "You won't die."

He throws her a dirty look before focusing back on you. "I don't need you, so scram." He hissed his hands bunching into tight fists.

Brandys attention returns to you again, but then to something over your shoulder. "There's only two of you here. What about me? And the rest. Do we not got these 'mentors'?" She says sarcastically.