Down goes a mentor.

You found yourself rushing from the classroom, towards the dinning hall.

You had a packed lunch. But the quicker Sejanus ate, the faster you could arrive to the zoo with the other half.

"I'll go grab a table. You go get your food ok?" You nod towards Sejanus who smiled at you nodding slowly. Normally he sat alone and you would be slumped with Arachne.

Today you really weren't in the mood to deal with them.

You quickly sat down in a chair near the corner of the hall, watching as students began to file in, marching and quickly dashing towards their tables.

Your eyes met with Clemensia who raised a brow in amusement at your choice of seat. But chuckled at it quietly to herself turning away.

In the corner of your eyes, you could see Snow sat shifting awkwardly in the corner of the room. What was he doing.

You could see him trying to pretend to put food in his mouth, but then drop it in his lap.

Oh.

You couldn't help but laugh slightly to yourself. Wow. What a surprise. You then heard the sound of a tray dropping to your table. Sejanus.

You smiled up at him, watching as he took his seat beginning to chop up and eat his food quickly.

"You're saving your food?" He asked as he raised his fork to take another bite.

You nod leaning backwards into your chair.

"My father wants me to get him to win but won't give me a scrap to give him. Let alone any money to buy Tanner stuff." You complain rolling your eyes.

Sejanus seemed to pause staring down for a minute. "Marcus, I knew him but.. he was my classmate too." He mumbles.

You sat up, some interest peaked. "Was he a close friend?" You ask quietly.

"No. But, when I got injured, without being told he helped me. Now he's going to his death and I.. I can't repay him." He said, taking another bite slowly of food.

"It wasn't your fault Sejanus." You say gently leaning your arms onto the table.

"See I know. I'm so blameless I'm choking on it." He snapped, staring at you, dropping his fork to the table. "My father bought him for me at the reaping. Just to show me that I could never go back."

You both go silent for a moment. Whilst your situation was different from Sejanus's. Your father buying Tanner to show your families strength, you did understand the difficulty.

"But.." he began to speak up again. "Being in Capitol? It's gonna kill me." He said gently.

"Then do something about it." You smile at him. "Make him pay for it." You say firmly. (Johanna who..?)

Sejanus only lets out a huff of laughter, a small blush on his cheeks as he looks down at his plate.

"Quite the rebel." He says rubbing his face. A small smile appearing.

"I am. I'm bad news as my father says." You wink at him, a larger blush began to spread across his cheeks as he bit down on a bit of carrots.

——————————————————————-

Not long after, you found you both had begun to make your way to the zoo. The walk wasn't a long one, but it was tense.

At your side was Sejanus walking quickly to keep up with your pace, in your free hand was a small bag with food and a bottle of water. Large enough for Tanner to split with Brandy in case Arachne had bought nothing.