The arena.

The afternoon had come quickly.

You were nervous. You weren't sure why you had such a deep feeling in your stomach, you never had felt this way before. Even during the war you hadn't.

You suppose it came with your privilege. You had lucked out in your family. For most of the time due to your riches you barely noticed the war was there, district ten was one of the first districts that fell into the Capitols control.

Due to its sheer size, whilst your family had been wealthy before? During the war the district tens people needed more governing. More control. So the president hired four candidates to run the district in his absence.

One of those people, being your father, and your mother's father.

Who at some point, before her insanity had truly gouged her mind, managed to swindle your father into marrying her to give an heir to both families.

You.

Yet you knew deep down it didn't matter.

You weren't a son.

You were going to be married off. Despite the war, women were still lowly counted, just as badly as the districts. Families had a lack of children, heirs were nearly completely wiped out.

After your somewhat successful interview with Tanner, he had been ripped from you quickly, and sent off to one of the vans that would depart towards the "coliseum inspired" arena.

"Doing ok?" Sejanus asked as you both walked side by side in the heat towards the arena.

"Fine, just nervous." You responded carefully. Sejanus nodded his head slowly, not quite meeting your gaze.

In the corner of your eyes you could see his hand twitching slightly, before flexing then tightening into a fist. His finger had just brushed yours before he took a small side step putting some distance between you.

"Don't be. Tanners taken to you well..." he said slightly frustrated. A small huff on his words.

"Don't be like that. Marcus will come round-"

"Not soon enough. He's going to fight soon. He might die." Sejanus said gloomily.

"You don't know that." You said firmly, the arena coming into sight as you watched a line of tributes being formed.

"But you do. You know there can only be one winner." He said quietly, his own eyes finding the arena.

You couldn't find it in yourself to respond, instead choosing to brush the buttons on your blazer carefully with your fingers.

Once you were close enough you could hear the barking of ordered spouting from one of the peacekeepers as you carefully shoved past, coming to Tanners side.

"Hey."

"Hi." He whispered.

You could hear the sound of hurrying footsteps from behind you, turning on your heel you caught sight of Snow, huffing and puffing as he gave a shallow smile to Lucy Gray.

Yet, no Clemensia. Where was she? She wouldn't miss this. Especially considering her carefully she would plan things out usually...

You could see just behind you that the district eleven male, Reaper? You think his name is, looked just as worried, his brows furrowed as he searched the surrounding for her.

Slowly but surely, you found yourself along with all the other mentors and tributes being marched in, Tanner in the corner of your eyes was extremely tense, His hands fisted, his nails twisting into his palms.