TWENTY TWO

Asialyn B. Duncan
Las Vegas, Nevada

Chris never did anything this thoughtful

I'm not talking about the fancy restaurant or the backseat full of roses.

I never needed any of that.

I mean something as simple as making a playlist with all the songs that made him think of me, slow dancing with me in the middle of the room just because he noticed one of my favorite songs were playing.

Or taking my heels off just so he could rest my legs on his lap and massage my feet while we talked about our day.  Just because I told him I had to carry a few bags and boxes earlier.

It was the simple things Raimondo did tonight that made me want to cry for the women I was with Chris, I deserved more.

A week ago I was thinking Chris was the man I was ready to  spend the rest of my life with. How silly, I can't even remember the last time I felt this happy with him.

Mondo left for a moment to wash his hands before the food arrived, giving me the opportunity to check my phone and respond back to Q's message confirming everything was going well and he didn't need to beat on Raimondo...

I swear he acts like an overprotective older brother sometimes but I'd never complain.

I was astonished when Al brought out our plates, the sight of the food made my mouth water with excitement. He had everything placed out to perfection, our entire order was presented in front of us all together on a wide wooden board instead of a regular plate as I expected.

The smells alone made my stomach speak, I hadn't eaten anything since the breakfast Mondo got us and the lobster dip Al had brought earlier so I was ready to dig in as soon as it was in front of me, and it seemed Mondo felt the same way because he was the first to thank Al and go for a sushi roll.

We'd ended up  finishing the champagne twenty minutes ago and I'll admit the drink snuck up on me, I was definitely tipsy now. This only caused our conversations to go all over the place as we sat and ate.

Raimondo and I laughed our asses off over dinner, oftentimes needing pause to stop chewing so we could catch our breath and not choke. We fell in love with everything in front of us, not a single thing was bad and we didn't leave anything behind.

Unfortunately the liquor was causing me to say anything that came to mind but I loved that I didn't have a care in the world. Mondo didn't seem as drunk as me but I could definitely tell he was feeling it too.

I was completely content.

Right now mondo was kneeling on one knee in front of me helping put my shoes back on like the gentleman he was while we waited for Allen to bring us  our cheesecake in a to-go box— since both mondo and I were too full to even eat it right now.