𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒

Maniacal

Friday, February 16th, 8:37am

Vivienne's POV:

It took an entire day for me to regain my composure after learning about the curse. How could this be happening to me? What does it even entail? It all seems surreal because I feel perfectly fine, never better in fact.

Professor Snape insisted on keeping me safe, yet his idea of safety was confining me to the most dismal place imaginable. The room had only a bare single bed, devoid of sheets or pillows, no other furniture to speak of, and no form of entertainment aside from a few books. It was akin to being trapped in my own personal hell. His cautionary words echoed in my mind: "You must avoid sharp objects and hard surfaces," as though I was ever inclined to harm myself or anyone else. His paranoia knows no bounds.

As I sit in the bleak, empty chamber, my thoughts drift incessantly to Mattheo, praying that he's safe and that the boys are out searching for him. Time seems to lose all meaning as I struggle to recall what day it is or even the time of day. Hunger gnaws at my stomach, boredom gnaws at my mind, and all I desire is to escape this wretched place.

"I'M FINE!" My anguished cry reverberates off the walls of the tiny room. They fear I may lose my sanity, yet it's their decision to confine me like some kind of prisoner that threatens to drive me mad. Collapsing onto the unforgiving bed, I stare blankly at the ceiling, the hard surface beneath me feeling as though it were made of solid concrete. The sound of the door unlocking interrupts my thoughts, and footsteps echo as someone enters.

"Hello?" I call out, my voice tinged with desperation.

"Vivienne!" Draco smiles.
"Oh.. my god!" I run over and hug him.
"Wait, wait, what about Mattheo? Is he alive? Is he safe?" I dart my eyes around his face, waiting for his response.
"Vivienne.. Sit down for a second." He swallows hard.
"Ok, yeah.." I walk over to my 'concrete' bed.
"We got Mattheo back yesterday morning, he's been badly hurt, but he's gonna be fine, I promise." He smiles, grabbing my cold hands.
"Oh thank god, I'm so glad to hear that. How is he?" I sniffle, trying to hold the tears in.
"Right now he's resting, and having his.. wounds taken care of." Draco's smile fades, and he looks away, covering his mouth.
"Draco?" I widen my eyes with concern. He wouldn't look at me, and it caused my anxiety to heighten further.

"I don't want to worry you, you already have enough on your plate at it is.." He closes his eyes tightly, fully turning away, facing the door.
"No, Draco.. What is it?" My breathing quickens, and my heart starts to pound in my chest.
"Mattheo was tortured, really badly, by Tom and his father. His body is completely messed up, and he is struggling to walk." He crinkled his lip with sadness.
"Tom?" I question.
"Yes, Tom, he tortured Mattheo, with his own father." He says.
"Draco.. Who is Tom? Tom who?" I raise an eyebrow. I was genuinely confused.
"Vivienne what..? Tom Riddle, you killed him, wha.. what is going on?" He furrows his brows staring into my eyes.

I laugh uncontrollably as his words.
"Draco, I have no idea what on earth you are talking about, I haven't got a clue who Tom Riddle is, and I sure as hell would know if I killed someone." I smile menacingly. It was strange, I couldn't exactly stop my face from making that expression.
"Vivienne.. are you ok?" Draco's voice seeped with worry, and I wanted to tell him that I was, but I couldn't. My words fail to form in complete sentences, and I felt like I was losing my mind.
"Dr.. Draco.. What is.." I begin, before getting frustrated.
"It's ok, you're gonna be ok." He walks forward, wrapping his long arms around me.
"I don't.. understand." I begin to tear up. I was so confused, I had no idea who this Tom Riddle was, and why was Draco telling me that I killed him?