𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒

Jumping to Conclusions

It had been a few hours, and everything was all set up for the party. Draco, Pansy, and Blaise had went back to their dorms to start getting ready, while Mattheo and I slouch onto the sofa for a while.

"What did you and Draco talk about in the bathroom?" He asks, placing his arm around my waist, holding me close.
"Wait, you don't know, do you?" I raise an eyebrow.
"Know what?" He asks, his eyebrows furrow as he stares into my eyes.
"Oh right, you were with me this morning, so he couldn't have told you. He's gonna propose to Pansy!" I smile wildly.
"Really? Interesting." He smirks, letting out a small chuckle.
"That's all you have to say? Isn't it super exciting? She's gonna absolutely freak out, and be over the moon." I giggle.
"That she is." He flashes a quick smile before looking away.

Mattheo got super quiet, as if he was deep in thought, and he seemed quite nervous, and fidgety, twiddling his thumbs, and darting his eyes around the room.
"Are you ok?" I ask, grabbing his hands to reassure him.
"Yeah, perfect.. everything is.. perfect." He smiles, leaning closer to place a soft kiss onto my forehead.
"Ok, well we should start getting ready. I'm gonna head back to my dorm, I'll see you at the party?" I kiss his cheek, standing from the couch.
"See you there princess." He winks.

As I walk up the common room steps, I look back to Mattheo. He was still twiddling his thumbs, and he began pressing his lips together. He seemed to still be thinking deeply, for whatever reason, I don't know. I try not to think too much of it, maybe he was just trying to hype himself up about the party, it's the first time in a while since we've organised one, after everything that has happened. Usually a Slytherin party can be quite wild, with people drunk, taking drugs, and fighting. Mattheo probably wants to be on his best behaviour, as he can be quite rambunctious if he has a bit of alcohol in him.

I open the door to my dorm, and the first thing I see as I walk in, is my freshly made bed. My books, and parchment papers, along with my ink well, and quills, were neatly organised on my desk, and I couldn't help but feel grateful. It seems Pansy had took time out of her busy schedule to help organise my stuff. It had felt like forever ago, since I had been in this room, and the memories were flooding back to me all at once, especially the ones with Mattheo. Pansy opens the bathroom door, and steps out with a towel wrapped around her thin frame, her long brunette hair was knotted and damp, as it draped down the small of her back.

"Hey, everything good?" She asks, strolling over and opening her wardrobe.
"Yeah, everything is.. great. I was just deep in thought for a moment." I titter, staring at the hole in the wall that was just above my bed. I remember Mattheo punching the wall the night we broke up,  I almost forgot that even happened, Mattheo and I weren't exactly in a good place back then. My eyes caught the floor, and I notice a large red stain that wasn't there before. Where on earth did this come from?

"Pansy, what is that?" I question, pointing to the very obvious big red stain.
"Oh, uhhh.. I don't.. That's always been there." She tries to convince, glancing at the floor, then back to me, before quickly looking away. What the hell was that about? Where did this stain come from? It almost looked like.. blood? It was a pretty big mark, very hard to ignore.
"No seriously, what is it? Is this dried blood? Because I'm pretty sure I would have noticed something as big as this before, and I have not, until now." I raise an eyebrow. staring at her intently as my index finger stays pointing at the stain.
"Just.. leave it, it's fine, ok? Should I go with the red dress, or the black?" She asks, trying to change the subject.

"No.. pansy, what has been going on?" I spoke loudly, I was starting to get suspicious, what on earth has she been up to, or rather, what the hell happened?
"Why are you pressing me? It's just a blood stain, let's just get ready for the party." She sighs, shaking her head slightly. The look on her face was telling me that she was uncomfortable with the subject, which made me even more suspicious.
"So it is a blood stain, how did it get there Pansy?" I furrow my brows, and my eyes bore onto hers.
"Someone.. died.. ok? You don't need to know the details, all you need to know is that he was a very bad man, and that everything, is now perfect." She deadpanned. She stared at me for moment, before turning away to grab a dress from the wardrobe.
"Someone.. died, and no one even cared to tell me? Who was it?" I press her further, I wasn't going to let this go. I refuse to to be left in the dark about something as serious as this, if someone died, I demand to know who it was, this was my dorm room, as much as it was hers, and the blood stain was directly in front of my bed, it's hard to ignore something like this.
"I'm not talking about this anymore, just get ready, please?" She sighs, throwing her wet towel at me.
"Fine, I'll ask the others if they know about this." I roll my eyes.