Chapter Three: Sugar and Sting

Raph and April looked around the space, proud of what they did so far. They of course had a mattress and dresser for starters, they also found a mirror, a purple carpet, and two stuffed animals. They felt like that was a good starter bedroom for any guest and of course they had the bed made already. After a few more minutes of gleefully staring, April and Raph decided to make their way back towards the main area of the lair. Splinter sat on the couch in the middle of the lair, seeming to be waiting on them to be done, Raph caught on immediately. "Hey pops, what's going on? Is our guest okay?" he asked, sitting down on his bean bag next to the rat.

"Do you know where they lived? Did they have someone taking care of them?" Splinter asked, looking at the snapper. At first Raph was surprised, almost baffled by his father's question but it was probably for a reason.

"Eh... I didn't see any adults or anything when I ran after them and they were trying to get food... I think they were on the streets." the snapper explained, giving his observations on the turtle. The information looked as if it made Splinter sad, and possibly surprised as well, giving Raph more confusion on why. As far as he knew Splinter didn't like to travel around the Mystic City for some reason in his past, which Raph doesn't poke at, but it seemed Splinter at least knew who the turtle was. Again, Raph didn't poke, he had learned before he would get told things in time, expressly in a stressful situation. Looking over toward April, Raph had noticed they both shared the same expression of worry and confusion. She was sitting in her respective bean bag adjacent to Raph's, waiting for some sort of answer.

Splinter took in a big breath before looking at the snapper to share something, before speaking he sighed. "I have something to tell you guys..." he started, "When you were mutated Red, there were five other turtles but they were lost when I tried to escape. I thought that two of them for sure didn't make it and that the other three were going to die very soon... so I prioritized raising you instead of searching for the others... the soft shell you found today was one of them." Splinter finished, adjusting himself on the couch as he explained the story. The words left both April and Raph flabbergasted on what they just got told, a whole lore bomb just got dropped on them about their father – well to April: father figure. It was mind blowing and somewhat overwhelming to think about, mind boggling, amazing, etcatria.

At first they all sat in silence as their mind processed what was just told to them, that was until Raph spoke up. "Does this mean the other's are alive?" Raph asked, looking for answers from his father. Splinter took a few more moments to think of a response, obviously seemed very hesitant about what to say next.

"I am not sure. Just because we found one doesn't mean that the other four are okay... but it seems possible that more are still alive... all we need is hope now." Splinter answered. Raph sat in his bean bag, going over the information and thinking of any moves to make next. While his brain was whirling with possible paths to take, ideas to do, plans to make he singled out on one decision.

"Pops, I think I know what I want my first mission to be as a Hamato ninja." Raph started, getting Splinter's attention. "I want my first mission to be finding what happened to all of my siblings and bringing them home." he looked at Splinter, looking for any sign of agreement or approval of his request. He was anxious for sure but he knew whatever decision that his pops made was best. As he chewed on his knuckles anxiously, Splinter thought over Raph's first mission request.

"I think that is a reasonable first mission," Splinter said, "BUT, April is to join you and your other brother as well... if he wishes to stay." the rat finished. Raph was ecstatic, happy, gleeful, and whatever emotions to describe overwhelming happiness. He was just happy. His first mission was now set in place. Find his siblings, repair the family.

– ☁☁☁☁ –

Bumble sat inside his room, quietly reading a book while he waited for something else to do. Though the safety of Five clouded his mind more than focusing on reading, he still tried to distract himself. Draxum seemed pretty pissed when Bumble left, definitely over the other turtle he met while visiting Five. Three seemed pretty interesting to say the least, almost identical to Five, if it weren't for Five's red stripes they would've been uncannily similar. Five's memory had also relapsed, which judging by what happened and his already anxious behavior, it was going to relapse again. The only thing Bumble is glad about is his memory doesn't erase every aspect of his own life. A sudden knock at the door drew Bumble's memory back to real life, seeing Mikey standing halfway into his room. "You're down with battles for tonight?" Bumble questioned, getting a small nod from the box turtle.

Bumble patted the side of his bed, indicating that Mikey could join him once again just like he did last night. The box turtle smiles, closing the door behind him and flopping down next to Bumble on their big mattress. He snuggled closely up to Bumble, seeing what they were reading tonight. "How was fighting?" they asked, trying to start up a conversation.

"It was as easy as always, besides the new fighters are so gullible and prideful." Mikey said before his eyes lit up, "Oh mi gosh! How's Five? Is he doing okay?" he smiled, practically bouncing off the bed in excitement. Bumble chuckled as they held Mikey by the shoulder's to keep him from bouncing.

"Five is okay to say the least... his memory is still relapsing but not as bad." the leaf turtle started, "I found out something today though." he said. Mikey, being the hyper and curious turtle he was, was interested right off the bat.

"Who is it? What do they look like? Are they good or bad?" Mikey sputtered, his brain going a million miles an hour.

"Okay, okay calm down Mikes," Bumble chuckled, "When I went over to visit Five, Draxum had a meeting or something with another person. The person had another kappa with them and they were named Three... Three also our sibling from what Five explained." they stopped, gathering the information Bumble had gotten from their interaction with Three. Mikey waited patiently, ecstatic to hear about another sibling. "Three seemed very... on point so to say. Like they had planned any interaction out and stuff. Though I have a bad vibe from the way they acted; it seemed almost unnatural in a way." the leaf turtle finished, looking back at Mikey.

"I can't believe we actually have more siblings! This is so cool! Do you think Two and Four are still alive?" Mikey pondered. He had always been interested with the information of having other siblings, Mikey was given the number Six.

"I don't know Micheal, but I know something that is true." Bumble smiled, looking at Mikey's confused face, "You'll always be the little brother." they finished, pulling Mikey into a bear hug. Mikey, playfully, started to push away from Bumble in a fit of giggles as they started to rough house. It was fun until a knock at the door interrupted their small battle, getting their attention fast.

"It's bed time young kappa's, say goodnight." Jess, one of the staff, said. She looked at Bumble and Mikey's play fighting as both delightful and irresponsible at the same time, which Bumble didn't even know was possible. Mikey looked towards Bumble, catching his breath before pulling the leaf turtle into one last hug and saying goodnight to them. Eventually leaving with the sphynx yokai back to his room while Bumble waved goodnight and curled up inside their blankets to rest.

--------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1354