Chapter Five: Anxiously Thinking Siamese

Five walked next to Bumble as they made their way down a hallway with two other yokai escorting them towards Big Mama's office. Though it wasn't his intent to get into trouble, he only knocked over a vase. It wasn't that big of a deal, until one of the hotel staff decided to lie on Five's mistake saying he was trying to pick a fight and broke the vase in the process. Of course Big Mama believed the worker, who would trust Five over their own worker. Bumble of course walked beside Five saying nothing as they walked towards the office. "Bee, come on. You have to believe me, I didn't want to start a fight." Five said as they walked.

"Five... you know I believe you... but I'm not the one you should defend yourself to." Bumble muttered back to Five. His face read nothing, no concern, no remorse, not even frustration. Just a stone covering. Five huffed in response, looking at the path in front of him before feeling Bumble's hand grab his arm to force a stop. Five looked back to see he almost passed the yokai's office door by sitting in his frustration. Pressing the call button beside the door, Bumble waited for the invasion inside. "Come on in One. I hope you have Five as well." Big Mama's voice sounded through the speaker. The name didn't faze Five, though it confused him on why Big Mama said One instead of Bumble. By Five's facial expression, the leaf turtle caught on as well.

"Don't call me one. It's a shitty name Mom got from Drax." Bumble grumbled before opening the door to the office. Big Mama sat at her desk waiting for the two kappas to enter the room and hopefully sit down. Neither of the siblings sat, for two different reasons as well. Five found it respectful to stand in the presence of authority but that behavior was also enforced painfully while Bumble was just always guarded around Big Mama. The room was cold as the spider just stared at the two turtles, a slight look of furry in her face. Five looked around the office to take in the details of the room, he didn't want to focus yet. One wall was basically painted with book shelves, almost every book was probably on the shelf, Five could only imagine what wasn't on the shelf. There was the normal stuff you would see inside the office, a desk with a mixture of wood and metal, a swivel chair, a rug, and two stiff chairs. For such a cold atmosphere, the office gave off a cozy feeling just by the looks. The mixture of those two feelings were sending mixed signals to Five, unfortunately.

It was overwhelming at first as his mind tried to figure out how to feel and take in from the situation. Suddenly the sharp ringing sound from Big Mama's office phone forced Five back into focus. Out of instinct the slider covered his ear as he felt a sharp pain inside his ears. Bumble lightly placed a hand on Five's shoulder to make sure the slider didn't start to panic. Though their eyes never left the spider. The room became a blur, voices muffled, and soon Five's scales felt like it was on fire, he felt sick but all he looked like on the surface was calm. His hand still over his ears with a look of being lost or more distraught. While panic settled into the slider, Bumble had gotten distracted by the newly found presence of Draxum. The yokai was visibly agitated, he was disrupted from his work just to deal with an issue.

Draxum circled in front of Five with full knowledge that the slider was panicking and bringing Five's panic to Bumble's attention as well. "Five, explain to me why I was called by Big Mama, to come deal with you?" Draxum asked. The room fell silent while the yokai kept a strong eye contact while Five tried to muster up the strength to speak. His eyes trailed up to Draxum's face finally, keeping a steady gaze as Five cleared his throat.

"I didn't try to fight anyone pops... I just broke the vase because I couldn't see where it was and-" Draxum placed a finger up into the air, cutting off the young slider as he looked over to Big Mama.