Chapter 7 : The Twin Bladed Demon

Approaching the camp, Matsude whispered to Kotaru, "We need to thin their numbers without alerting the entire camp. Stealth is our advantage here."

Kotaru, a gleam of mischief in his eyes, responded, "Stealth it is. Let's see who can take down more bandits without making a sound."

The brothers, masters of the shadows, slipped into the camp undetected. The sleeping bandits were unaware of the imminent threat that lurked in the darkness. Matsude and Kotaru moved with the precision of the wind, their strikes swift and silent.

The banter continued, even in the midst of their stealthy assault. Kotaru, dispatching a bandit with a well-aimed blow, quipped, "That's one for me. You're falling behind, Matsude."

Matsude chuckled, countering with a skilled takedown. "I'm just warming up, Kotaru. Let's see who has the bragging rights by the end of this."

As they continued their quiet assault, the bandit camp transformed into a silent battleground. Bandits, unaware of the unseen threat, succumbed to the expert maneuvers of the Yamamoto brothers.

After ensuring a significant reduction in the bandit numbers, Matsude signaled to Kotaru to regroup. In the shadows, they conferred about the next steps.

Kotaru, wiping his brow, teased, "Looks like we're winning the silent takedown competition. I've lost count of my score, though. How about you?"

Matsude smirked. "Oh, I'm keeping track. Let's just say you have some catching up to do. But our main target is still the retainer. We need to find him before he catches wind of our presence."

With the majority of the bandits neutralized, the brothers continued their infiltration, searching for the retainer's location within the camp. The night, now heavy with the weight of their mission, held the promise of justice as Matsude and Kotaru prepared to confront the retainer of the Izuwara clan and unveil the true nature of the treacherous alliance that threatened their clan and the innocent lives caught in the web of deception.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
The brothers, their movements veiled in the darkness, approached the central tent where the retainer of the Izuwara clan resided. Matsude and Kotaru shared a silent nod, their shared understanding echoing through the shadows. The night seemed to hold its breath as they prepared to confront their elusive foe.

As they burst into the tent, Matsude's eyes widened with realization. Before them stood a figure adorned in the Izuwara insignia—a symbol of treachery and power. The air seemed to thicken as the figure turned to face them, revealing a face etched with the arrogance of a warrior who had tasted countless victories.

"Keiji Izuwara," Matsude whispered under his breath, his voice laced with a mixture of recognition and disbelief.

Keiji, also known as "The Twin Bladed Demon," met Matsude's gaze with a chilling smile. His dual blades glinted in the dim light, a deadly dance waiting to unfold.

"So, the Yamamoto brothers grace my camp," Keiji sneered, his voice dripping with disdain. "I must say, I expected more from the so-called pride of the ninja world."

Kotaru, unyielding in the face of arrogance, retorted, "Save the theatrics, Keiji. We're not here for idle banter. Your little alliance with the bandits ends now."

Keiji chuckled, twirling his blades with a practiced ease. "You underestimate the power of the Izuwara clan, fool . We are destined to rise above the likes of you and your feeble legacy."

Matsude, his gaze never leaving Keiji, recognized the menace that emanated from this formidable adversary. Keiji was not just a retainer; he was a force to be reckoned with, a living legend known for his unmatched skill with the twin blades.