Chapter 1: Blue Flowers

It's a beautiful day out there. The green grass is flowing in the wind. There are birds singing their beautiful melodies. Perfect weather for a game of catch or maybe a stroll through the park. Everything just seems so peaceful.

Getting out of bed in the morning can be difficult sometimes, but like always, I manage to do it. Making my way to the bathroom to get ready for my day, I rack my brain, trying to remember what it was I needed to do today. Eh, I'll remember later if it's important.

I grab my brush and start combing through my light blue fur. I stare at the familiar squirrel in the mirror as I brush, wincing every so often when I tug at a knot in my fur. It isn't long before I finish up my daily routine and start getting dressed. Glancing over myself in the mirror, I decide I'm at least presentable, wearing a pair of jeans with a purple jacket and a white shirt. "Looking good bud"

Time for breakfast. Lazily walking to the kitchen, I stop in front of the refrigerator only to find it empty when I open it. "Ah. Groceries. That was what I needed to do"

It doesn't take long to get outside, keys in paw. The neighbour's flowerbeds are blooming. Part of me wants to appreciate the beauty of the blue flowers, but I'd probably be here all day if I did that. Always thought it was kinda funny that my neighbor grows forget-me-nots.

Getting into the car, I turn the key in the ignition, listening as it purrs to life. Just a simple drive back and forth to the store. It'll be fine. I make my way down the streets. Sure are a lot of people out today. I can see a young pup playing catch with his father.

The days are always beautiful here in Redwood Town. The weather is almost always perfect when a day starts. I guess that might be one of the reasons so many people have moved here, along with a little information left out in advertising. Most of the towns folk are pretty nice too from what I've seen, but I don't really know everyone that well.

My thoughts are interrupted by a loud thump, followed by the sound of shattering glass and a sharp pain in my right socket. The front of my car now painted in a strawberry red with pink meaty tubing. My vision fractured, showing reflected images in my right eye. I grip the wheel desperately to regain control as the car swerves and slides, half of the body of a pink cat in the passenger seat. Dear God, I just ran over Lily!

This moment of shock is cut short as the car colides with a mailbox, ejecting me out at great speeds directly into a chain link fence