the naming of baby (GONE WRONG)

December 7th, 2019

The relief of having introduced his friends to his newer situation is more freeing than he thought it would be.

While he's had the baby he's been trying to regulate her into some form of routine, which was what the mums on every facebook group he looked in were insisting was the most important thing when having a child (or randomly being dumped with one).

It was hard at first, considering he had had no experience with children prior to this aside from tiktok and the "spend 24 hours with me and my baby!" vlogs on YouTube that were actually quite entertaining. So the first while made him want to cry right along with her.

But once he had managed to command her into a schedule—regular naps and feeding her bottles around the same time every day—it became easier. (Certainly not easy, but easier.)

He found quickly that she literally does just sleep 90% of the time. Leaving only like four hours a day when she's actually awake, though it's broken up by frequent naps. She wakes up often needing to be changed or fed, but other than that he can pretty much do what he usually does. (Lie in bed with her and do nothing.)

Their life together isn't perfect yet, and he's sure he's doing something wrong, but she isn't dead yet, so he counts that as a plus. And at the end of the day, the experience was a much needed wake up call to the fact he had had no routine prior to this.

Which was a small reason as to why he hesitated contacting his friends again, he had only just started getting enough sleep to function the next day, and even that was still faulty, what would happen if he threw constant discord calls into the mix? Though, of course when he did he didn't end up regretting it.

The baby, though she clearly didn't really understand it, thought the constant coos through the phone were the funniest things in the world, and it wasn't long before she was staring at the device intently with a face showing she would cry if she didn't get the funny voices that always want her attention to come back.

George however, currently has a nappy to change (or diaper, as Sapnap is insisting it's called), so he puts the phone next to her on facetime so the younger can keep her entertained while he works.

"What about.." Sapnap pauses as he scrolls a bit further on the baby-names website he's on, his old office chair making a creaking noise as he pushes himself back and forth on it. They're looking for names on what to call her. "Rose?"

George wrinkles his nose, both from the overpowering smell of baby shit and the image that had appeared in his head. "Like, from the Titanic? Paint me one of your french girls? No thanks."

Sapnap scoffs, though induces no further comment, and instead just goes quiet again as he continues looking. The baby hums as she pointlessly tries to eat George's phone, sucking the corner of it into her mouth and back out again, staring at George through big doe eyes as he rushes over to the bin in her makeshift bedroom to dump the nappy in there before more poo inevitably gets on his hand.

"Emma?"

"That's such a keychain name, no."

Sapnap squints, glancing at the camera with an annoyed expression. "The fuck is a keychain name?"

"Like.. the ones you always find on keychains or notepads or whatever in shops. It's too.. Ordinary? I don't like it."

"Fine, you want a quirky baby name, I'll keep that in mind."

"You're an idiot." George says, though it's half hearted as he scoops a dollop of cream on to his hand. This is the worst part, she hates Sudocrem with a passion, George presumes it's because of the cold texture of it, and he doesn't really blame her. But if he doesn't want her to get rashes from like.. Her own piss or something, it's a necessary step.