7. Secrets and Secrets

One week later

Poddar house

In the evening

Anjali clicked her tongue in complete annoyance read through the messages she just received. She flipped and banged her phone on her study table in frustration. To say she was frustrated would be the truth. These messages have been disturbing her for three weeks now. She was completely done with those stupid messages. They were the remainder for her that she need to talk to someone about all these circus. It's not like she was not used to telling her problems to either her parents or her brothers. They always made sure to ask about her day though from few day due to the weeding preparation they were not able to . That was the reason behind her hesitation, it was his brother's weeding and she was afraid if it will be a problem. Moreover she was afraid of the repercussions of her act. But now that she was over her stupidity she realized that what she did was a very impulsive move and she should have talked earlier about this mess.

She was about to move away from that place when her phone binged with another message. She looked back into the message but her face paled the moment she saw the message.

------------------------(0)-------------------------

Dr. Roohi Birla

The nameplate glowed in the evening light as the dipping sunshine kissed the plate and gently caressed the steel plate. The table on which the nameplate was kept was covered in mess. The files lay open, papers all over the desk, a small bottle occupying the corner place. On the chair in front of the desk sat Roohi her head dipped inside the file she was reading, a pen held between her fingers, a frown gracing her forehead. She was back to work now that her leave period ended. To say the truth she was frustrated with the amount of paperwork left to do. Eight days that was all and so much work to do. She had joined two days back but still so much was left. She was so into the file when a sudden knock on the door startled her.

"Come in", an authoritative female voice echoed in the room as a result of which the door was gently opened. She looked up with a stoic face but the strictness was replaced by a softer emotion when she saw the man.

The Man- "Hai Dr. Birla I hope is khoobsurat hasina ke pass mujhe dene ke liye kuch time toh hoga hi."

Leaning back into the chair, Roohi- "Are are apko nahi denge toh kisko dene jurat kar sakte hai hum Raja ji said that main tumse bohot naraz hoon."

That man bowed down- "Maaf karna is khatawaar ko Rani Sa, hum say bohot badi bhool ho gayi(straightening himself and sitting back on the chair) waise bhi I can't help that tere marriage day meri surgery thi (leaning towards her) by the way how is your husband I hope handsome toh hoga right."

Roohi rolling her eyes- "Come on stop it yaar Abhir."

Abhir Birla, her best friend from the time she joined her medical collage. A month smaller than her but the way he behaves with her makes her feel as if she was the smaller one in relation. A highly empathetic and caring guy that Roohi was his friend from the first day itself. She was not the one who makes friends that first in fact Armaan and Abhir were the only one who were her bestfriend. They have never met each other's family but the fact that they share the surname was actually the fact that attracted Abhir towards her. Strange isn't it but that man was a weird creature in whole.

Abhir clicking his fingers in front of her face -"Hello Madam kaha khoyi huvi hui hoon."

Roohi shook her head. They continued talking for a while after which they parted their way.

------------------------(0)-------------------------

Rohit smiled as a clinking sound reached his ears. He geared for a second one as he bought his tea cups to that of Roohi's who rolled her eyes in response. He loves clinking his cups twice. She never understood his obsession with that. Anyways from the past one week after their kitchen talk they were more sure of their friendship pact. Both of them were ready to give their marriage a chance and hence they sat back together at the end of the day and ask each other of their day.