14. My Husband

Roohi stood still looking at the figure who was inside getting treated. She had kept her head on the glass door looking at the silent sleeping figure as she heard his voice in back over mind.

'Yaar Roohi sone dona tum mujhe disturb kyu kar rahi ho'

'Utho Rohit warna main na Pani dal dungi tumpe keh rahi hoon'

'Nahi uth raha main javo tum yaha sey okay'

'Oh god tumhe sachme Sona bohot pasand hai na'

'Ha pasand hai mauke Mila na toh zindagi bhar sota rahunga main without any fear'

The first tear of the day traced its path down her cheeks at that memory. If only she had scolded him for talking like that. The fear which had made its reign in her heart forced her to think all the wrong situation.

"You promised me Rohit, you need to come back"

She rubbed her tears off harshly. No she won't cry. Crying means loosing and she can't lose him not now not ever. He was everything she needed to live her life. He was her smile, his talks are her relief, his stupid jokes was what she want to hear whole of her life, she want to live with him see everything together and most importantly be there for each other. She refused to give up on him. She would never give up on him on them not in this lifetime.

"Roohi" Abhir called her out worried seeing her state. She turned towards him slowly her blood shot eyes filled with tears she was not allowing to shed.

"He would be fine Roohi" Abhir himself lost the count as to how many times he have repeated this statement. He understood her. He have same when he lost his mother. And indirectly lost both his parents.

"It's my mistake Abhir let me mourn for it"

Roohi's sudden confession left Abhir shocked. What was she trying to tell.

"Matlab"

"Matlab yeh ki main waha uske saath thi na isliye yeh sab hua hai main hi bad luck hoon Abhir main jaha bhi hoti hoon waha gadbad hoti hai. Pehle Matashree aur Papa main waha thi ussi gaadi main thi Aaj bhi wahi khadi hoon so that's for sure I am the one who is wrong sabse badi manhoos ho main".

Roohi's knees couldn't support her as she dropped down on the floor hugging her knees trying to reduce the pain as she burst out crying. Abhir who was shocked at her confession bent down to her level before wrapping his hands around her trying to console her whispering words to her. But there was no stopping to her it was as if the dam has finally opened. Roohi could still remembered those memories like it happened yesterday.

"Mamma" A seven year old Roohi called out for her mother who was talking to her Papa who was driving the car to his home he said but the road was completely different than the one they took.

"Boliye Princess" Arohi slightly turned around looking at their daughter keeping her hands on the chin.

Roohi giggled at the name she was being called. When her father calls her that she feels special but when her mother calls her that she liked a lot. Both Neil and Arohi smiled as her giggles filled up the car.

"Mamma hum yeh kaha ja rahe hai" Roohi innocently asked both of them. Arohi and Neil shared a look they don't know how should they say it to her but they knew they have to.

"Bacha hum na big palace main ja rahe hai jaha king queen aur bohot sare prince or princess honge aapke jaise"

Roohi's smile widened. She knew this special palace. Her father had told her that she was one of the princess but as she is special she never got to stay in the palace and there are many kings and queens in that palace.