16. The Changing Lives

Rohit palmed his face but couldn't stop himself from laughing at a stupid joke Karthikey just passed. He was there from the morning.

"Tujhe aaj office nahi jaana kya Karthikey" Rohit asked after few minutes. Karthikey had started working in the family business last year as an intern as he was still in collage but now he had took up the permanent job. 

"Pehli baat I will leave in half an hour aur dusri Karthikey nahi Karthi meri family mujhe Karthi hi bulati hai" Karti replied to which Rohit just smiled. All time during their marriage functions Karthikey was always the hard nut to crack who was just sulky around him as Rohit just ignites the possessive brother mode in him.

"Acha waise woh bandarni kaha hai dikh nahi Rahi kayi din se"

"Karthikey" Rohit called out in a warning voice. She haven't came to him yet but he knew that she was very upset and he don't want her to get more upset. Karti raised his hands in pure surrender but internally he felt good. Their was an unsaid air of tension between them which seemed to go away now and he couldn't be more glad.

That was how Roohi had found them. Yes finally she couldn't stop herself from checking out on Rohit so she finally walked into the room only to see both of them enjoying a moment.

"Ae Bandarni tu aagayi I didn't missed you at all yaar" Karti exclaimed loudly bursting their ears as he tenderly took Roohi into his warm protective embrace knowing very well that she needs it. Roohi snuggled closer into the arms which always handled her in those nights when she was battling with sleep.

"Are you fine Di" he whispered silently that only Roohi could hear it. She nodded her head staying in the hug. Karti and Roohi moved apart when they heard a clicking sound. They looked over to see Rohit clicking photo a flicker of pain crossing on his face. Without thinking Roohi rushed towards him. His hands were not fine and they were casted and that idiot was using the very same hand.

"Kya kar rahe ho tum Rohit lagegi yaar tumhe toh Rohit stop acting like a fool will you" Roohi scolded him keeping the phone away and Rohit heard her like the good boy he definitely is not.

"Roohi yaar hath pe lagi hai bhagwan ke waha trip pe nahi gaya Jo tum itna panick ho rahi ho" Rohit joked stiffening Roohi at her place. She backed off and went back to the couch and silently working on the fruit confusing Rohit. Karti looked at both of them and sighed. He shot a glare at Rohit who was silently asking him what suddenly went wrong.

"Why do you have that jiju aap ko patah hai wo kitni upset thi kal and she is really sensitive in such matters so hates such jokes" Karti whispered to him and Rohit closed his eyes guilty. He didn't intend to hurt. He was just trying to calm her down but instead she got more upset. He actioned Karti to leave to which he just nodded.

"Acha Di main chalta hoon office jaana hai na dad aur mom ayenge mostly shaam ko" Karti announced loudly and Roohi just nodded still cutting those fruits. He left sighing leaving them on their own.

"Roohi" his soft voice reached her as she stopped her work but didn't looked at him.

Rohit sighed before slowly getting down from the bed. He had some stiches in thigh but he could walk just fine. Walking towards her he sat beside her clutching his ears.

"Sorry" he gently said and a tear dropped her eyes. She hastily rubbed it off but Rohit had already seen it making him feeling more guilty.

"Roohi I am genuinely sorry mere kehne ka wo matlab nahi tha"

"It's okay Rohit tumhe sorry bolne ki zarurat nahi hai lo yeh fruits khalo" Roohi said morosely passing him the fruits. She but her lips not wanting to cry. Rohit turned her face towards himself making her finally look at him. The tears in her eyes stabbed him harshly but he kept his calm determined to clear the mess he created.