001. Chapter One

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

Chapter One
"Hell is Home"

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

“Mom?!” The dark-haired boy calls out as he kicks off his shoes, flicking the cigarette out the door before closing it.

“Is that you, Lee!” A woman's voice calls from the next room.

“Mhm!”

His steps echo through the house as he heads to the room. “Is the devil in or what?”

“I told you not to call him that… But no, he isn't.”

As he enters the room, he sees a blonde-haired, cheerful woman sat on a torn up couch in the center of the room: a book in her hand.

“I mean, am I wrong?” Liam chuckles with a shrug as he leans against the door frame.

“Liam.” The figure turned to face him, her eyebrows raised, a stern glare plastered on her face.

Liam smiles, “Yeah… Yeah. I know. No being rude to your alcoholic dick of a husband.”

“I'm sorry. I'm sorry.” He laughs, seeing her glaring intensify. While leaning on the door frame, he grabs one of the cans of beer on the table next to him: drinking the last of it.

“You're in later than usual? Had fun?”

Liam nods as he glances at his mother that sweet smile, that only appears when talking to her children, covering her face.

His mom, Maisey Crawford, hadn't always been the best mother. A past drug addict, although she'd been clean for a few years now, just after Lily had been born she had stopped. He loved her though, even through the hell she put him through, he always would. Liam couldn't ask for anyone more supportive.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

“You're fuck-”

“Yeah well y-”

The lovely sound of his parents arguing awoke Liam. With a groan, he got out of bed while slipping on a shirt that was on the floor.

Just as he was about to head downstairs, his attention was caught by a sight out the window. Trees pulled down, more litter than usual across the streets, some houses torn apart.

“Storm Aggie really didn't hold out…" He muttered to himself.

“Yeah…"

Liam jumps slightly in surprise at another voice before turning around, a small blonde-haired girl stood in his doorway. “Holy shit… You scared me, Lil.” As he runs a shaky hand through his hair, he notices how the girl seemed slightly agitated, her body was stiff and fists were clenched at her side.

“Language.” She mumbles as she stomps over. “Can you tell them both to shut it! I'm trying to do my homework.”

He couldn't help but stifle a laugh at the little girl and his own thoughts, at least she wasn't upset like he thought. “Yeah. I will.”