003. Chapter Three

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

Chapter Three
"The Start of Chaos: The Grady-White"

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

Next thing, they're all swimming down to the boat. The cold water swallowing them as they reached the boat. It looked in perfect condition, brand new.

Liam kicked his legs as he burst forward in the water — getting a better view of the boat. As his eyes studied the structure and shape, the realisation of what it was hit him. A Grady-White.

Jesus Christ?! He thought, only Kooks could afford them, and even then, not all Kooks could. Whoever owned this sure as hell must have had some money.

His eyes watched the other figures looking at the boat, as his locked with JJ's he realised that JJ also knew how big of a deal this was.

“Did you guys see that!?” JJ questioned as he broke to the surface, gasping for air.

“Fucking Grady-White!” Liam continued as the group all climb back into the boat.

“500G's easy!” JJ exclaimed, laughing as Liam wiped his face dry with his shirt — blood lightly staining it.

“Yeah… That's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge.” John B states, nonchalantly.

“You fucking surfed the surge?!” Liam says, mouth agape, in surprise when John B nods, he can't help but laugh at his friend's antics. Although, actually, he was worried about his friend — he could have died out there. What a dumbass. He thought.

“You did what?!” Kiera asked, her face one of disbelief and concern. Is he fucking stupid? He could've died out there, nobody surfs a surge! She thought.

“Doing it Pogue style! Hell yeah, man!” JJ laughed, high-fiving his friend.

“Can we not encourage almost killing yourself, please?” Kiera mutters, shaking her head as she watches the pair.

“Guys.” Pope sighs, trying to change the subject. “Do we have any clue who owned the Grady-White?”

Kiera shook her head as JJ shrugged in response.

“I can ask about? See if I can find out if anyone went missing or lost a boat.” Liam offered — he was good at getting information: people knew him, and he offered help around the island in return.

“No need captain!” John B says, saluting Liam as he walks up to the prow. “I've got an idea that just might work.”

“Dude, that's far too deep.” Kiera sighs, watching her friend as he puts his life at risk — again.

“Hate to agree.” JJ shrugs. “You're going to fucking drown.” He jokes as John B yanks the anchor up with two hands before hopping over the railing, facing the others.

“For the weak and feeble, maybe JJ.” John B grins, winking at JJ.

“Well, as long as we can agree that I'm not resuscitating you. Then okay.” JJ says. “Just want to make that clear up front. Although if it was Liam-”

Before JJ can finish, Liam has whacked him over the head while rolling his eyes — JJ just laughed at his reaction.

“Diver down, fool.” Pope says to John B.

“Diver down.” John B nods as he falls backwards into the water.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

“You really need to stop hitting me.” JJ says as he rubs the back of his neck. John B was still underwater and the other 4 were occupying themselves as they sat on the boat.

“Yeah… Well, maybe don't say stupid stuff.” Kiera laughed, responding for Liam. Liam nods slightly as his eyes study the water.

There was a growing anxious in Liam, he couldn't help but feel like John B wasn't okay.

“It's been too long.” Liam mutters to himself as he gets up.

“Calm down. He'll be fine.” Kiera assures his friend.

Pope nods slightly. “No. He's right… This doesn't feel okay.”

“Fuck calming down.” Liam sighs and without another thought he jumped off the railing, diving into the water, as he ignored the protests and shouts of his friends.

“Did anyone else find that strangely hot?” JJ says once Liam is fully underwater — making Pope and Kiera laugh despite the dire situation.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

As Liam hit the water, his eyes studied the dirty, murky water, trying to see past the mud to find John B. When he does finally spot a figure, a bit deeper down, he notices how he's struggling and quickly swims down.

John B was stuck on a rope of some sort — tied around his leg. Quickly, Liam tried tugging on it, but to no avail. As he pats down his pockets, he found an old pocket knife and hastily opened it before slicing the rope: freeing John B. The dark-haired boys interlock arms as Liam swims to the surface.

“Are you guys okay?!” Kiera calls as they're both gasping for air, worry flooding through her voice.

“As good as I've ever been.” John B coughs as Liam struggles to swim over to the boat, since he's also supporting the boy.

John B looks at the boy and nods, a silent thank you, and Liam responds with a nod — an understanding between the pair.

“Did you guys find any dead bodies!? Did you see any!” Pope calls over.

“We will be in a second if you don't fucking help and stop fantasying about your creepy coroner shit.” Liam exclaimed as he grabbed hold of the side of the boat — struggling to stay afloat.

This kicked the group into action as Kie and Pope ran to the side of the boat, pulling John B back into the boat. While JJ helps Liam back into the boat. “You okay?” JJ whispers.

Liam sighs with a nod as he runs a hand through his hair, the situation running through his head over and over again. He could have fucking died.

JJ pat Liam on the back, “Don't do that to me ever again, man.”

“No promises.” As the boy responds jokingly, JJ gives him a look, one Liam has never seen before. A look that made JJ look genuinely serious. “Yeah… Yeah. Promise.” Liam mutters to reassure him.

“So any looting potential?” JJ asks once the pair are safe and okay.

“Nope…” John B says as he fishes something out of his pocket. “Just this.” A key is dangling on his finger as he holds it up.

“Great, so you almost died for a key.” Liam mutters, rolling his eyes.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

Thank you for reading!! JJ is trying his best but Liam is just too blind honestly.

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

Word count: 1059