▪︎ Chapter 9 ▪︎

Thea was ready to shoot Leon if he wouldn't shut up.

"Leon!" the girl snapped, stopping in her tracks and giving him a sharp look. "Do me a favor and fuck off. I'll handle this."

"I can't just leave you like this," he argued, gesturing to her. "What if-"

He let his words hang in the air unfinished, his lower lip between his teeth as he stared at her. If it wasn't Leon Kennedy standing in front of her, she would think that the look in his eyes said he was worried. But she knew Leon enough to know he wasn't worried about her, he was afraid she would fuck this up.

Which pissed her off even more. Her rage could burn down the building if she wasn't careful.

"Go get Ada," she brushed past him, heading for the Greenhouse. The lack of his footsteps meant that she looked pissed or confident enough that he listened. "Find Annette. And get the fuck out with the G-Virus."

"If you won't be at the elevator in fifteen minutes, I'll leave you," he retorted, clearly unamused.

Thea rolled her eyes, not even slowing down. The slight waver of his voice told her otherwise, but she wasn't in the mood to comment on it. Instead, she just tightened the grip on the vial in her hand, her head held high.

"Fuck off, Kennedy."

And those were her last words to him.

The two of them split up, her feet carrying her hurriedly towards the murderous plants. Her gun was ready in her hand in case they went past something on their way there previously, clutching the vial in the other. Her green eyes were wide as they jumped around the place, searching for any threat and ready to kill anything and anyone that stood in her way.

But fortunately, there was nothing. She stepped around some weird creature Leon had shot before with his shotgun, the gaping hole in its head and a huge pool of blood on the white marble flooring were enough for her to not worry about it any longer.

Leon was always good with guns. He was the best when it came to target practice, Thea closely behind him. It was a shame Thea was never willing to work together.

Being alone in the lab was a whole different vibe. Thea usually liked to work alone most, and even though the simple thought of Leon Kennedy was enough to piss her off, she started to miss his echoing footsteps behind her and his ridiculous over-protective nature.

Thea let out a scoff, almost embarrassed. She almost missed Leon's annoying self. How ridiculous.

Without too much trouble, Thea was able to make her way back to the Greenhouse. The occasional screams, grunts, and scraping sounds from afar echoed down the empty halls, further accentuating the feeling of abandonment. She was now completely alone, only a few plant-like monsters stretching and whining around inside the Greenhouse.

She wasn't alone since this whole nightmare started. And no matter how pathetic it sounded, she couldn't wait to get back to Leon and Ada. They weren't her favorite people, especially Ada, but she would prefer them over this loneliness.

Every noise made her look behind her shoulder, the hand wrapped around her gun so tense that her fingers started to cramp up. Her entire body buzzed with anticipation, always expecting someone or something to ambush her.

Thea was a strong girl. She could keep her cool in the weirdest, most trying times, but whatever was happening in Raccoon City, was close to pushing her to her breaking point. All of this felt unreal. Life didn't feel real as she stood in front of the huge double-lined window separating her from the deadly plants that twisted, stretched, and breathed under her gaze. They had a life on their own, something so unnatural yet majestic at the same time.