Day 7: Two Hearts that beat as One

October 29, Thursday

As the dark morning sky is being lit by the rising sun from the endless horizon, the demon in disguise slowly opened his eyes. He tossed and turn in discomfort, and tried to get back to sleep. Unfortunately, sleep wont come. He sat up in defeat and lazily went in the bathroom. It's his first time waking up this early in the morning for no reason. Turning on the shower, he let the heated water spray on his head. Its been seven days since he left Hell. He wondered in his thoughts and imagined his kingdom looking for him. "Maybe, I should return now.." he mumbled as he turned off the shower.

Drying his hair with the towel, Natsu walked back to the bedroom, already wearing a white trousers and a gray tactical shirt. Feeling lazy, he left his shirt unbuttoned which reveals his bare chest. As he sat himself on his current bed, he let out a groan at the softness in disappointment. His bed in his palace is bigger and softer than this. "Maybe I should really return now..." his voice trailed off when he saw the paper bag which consists of the yukata she bought for him.

"Oh yeah, Blondie. I completely forgot about her" he thought and decided to visit her room. He knocked on her door twice but received no response. "She's probably still sleeping" he thought and subconsciously reached for the doorknob. Entering the room, he noticed that the girl is still sound asleep. Was she really that tired?

Shrugging off the thought, he quietly and gently sat himself on the bedside to avoid waking up the blonde. His eyes widened as he felt the softness of the mattress. It was as soft as his bed in his room in his palace. "Unfair" he pouted. Just how unfair could she be?

His eyes wondered around her neat room and noticed that most of her things were colored blue and pink. "Girly" was the only description that he thought about her favorite colors. As he continues to observe the girl's room by just looking, his eyes glued on her pin-board. From there, he saw a familiar note pinned on the brown board. It was the silly note he made a day ago. His lips stretched into a smile as he remembers some funny memories together with the humans.

Suddenly, the blue alarm clock rang, jolting him back to his senses. He was about to turn it off, however, he was a second too late. Blondie turned it off herself. "Finally, she's awake!" he thought and watched the girl slowly reveals her hazel brown orbs.

Feeling light headed, Lucy stared at her blurry pink ceiling, "Morning already?" she asked herself. And as if like a dream, memories from the yesterday's event flashed in her mind. She sat up in a sudden upon remembering the terrifying incident that happened to her yesterday.

"Good Morning" the pinkette greeted but only received a shrill cry from the girl. Ignoring his greeting, "What the hell are you doing in my bedroom!" the blonde yelled, her heart throbbed in pain at the sudden appearance of the demon. "You fell unconscious yesterday. And I decided to wake you up since you have enough sleep. Now, make me some breakfast. I haven't eaten anything last night.." he stood up and crossed his arms, and continued talking about food.

The girl was not listening to what the Demon Lord was saying, her attention was at his bare chest which is peeking behind his unbuttoned shirt. Her face turning into shades of pink as she noticed his perfect curves. "Lucy, what has gotten into you?" she asked herself and averted her eyes to refrain herself from staring any longer. Bringing her back to her senses, "...and also the pudding you promised. You should start making--" she heard him say.

"W-will you please b-button up your s-shirt first?" she stuttered. Why is his shirt unbuttoned anyway? "Is he really that confident to show off his sexiness?" Lucy thought and watched him button his shirt. Finished, Natsu looked at the girl. He raised a brow as he noticed that the blonde in verge of laughing. "What's so funny?" he thought. His untold question was then answered by the blonde. "Seriously? Anyone at your age can perfectly button their shirt without any mistakes. But you? You're like a hopeless child" she said, and burst into laughter.